Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Wednesday and A Hair Day and Bunco

I did not sleep well last night and was up at 4:00AM concerned about the exterminator's finding about the bugs above my front door. The exterminator came and looked it over and said it was termites. I asked him if he was going spray for them and he said it's not that simple. He said he will have to drill holes in the concrete in front of my front door and put the poison in there and also dig a trench at the foundation around the house to treat that too.

I am concerned about any health issues all that chemical might have on me. I could not sleep because of concern about that. At this point in my life, I have very few health issues and that is the way I want to keep it. I just could not sleep. I got up at 4:00AM and packed most of my stuff for tomorrow's trip out to John and Leslie's to put my bags in her car for our trip to the World Conference on Friday. John will not be staying at the World Conference. He will take the camper up there with us and set it up and then he will be coming back home to take care of his animals while we are gone.

I have checked a couple of times for the cats and so far they are not here looking for their breakfast. I will check again in a little while. I did catch "the weather on the 8's". The news is not too good for our trip.  Of all times to get rain, this is not the best time. And we are forecast for rain three days next week.

Today is to be 78 degrees and Partly cloudy and windy, Thursday is to be  75 degrees  and AM thunderstorms,  Friday is to be 70 degrees and AM clouds and PM sun, Saturday is to be 59 degrees and Partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 63 degrees and Partly cloudy, Monday is to be 61 degrees and showers, and Tuesday is to be 64 degrees and showers. So rain Thursday, Monday and Tuesday..at least here. We will be in Independence, Missouri. I don't know about their forecast.

More Later... 

It's almost 8:00AM and my hair appointment is at 8:30AM. I had better start for Coffeyville.

I got my hair done and stopped at the bank for some money to take with me to Conference.

I made a fast trip to Independence to see the Starkey dealer there to see if she could show me how to put those tubes in my hearing aids. Unfortunately, they are only in Independence  on Mondays and Tuesdays. They have several other stores they serve in several other southeast Kansas communities.

So I turned right around and went back to Coffeyville and the senior center. At 1:00PM until 3:00PM, we played Bunco. There were nine of us there. I should be back home by 3:30PM after Bunco this afternoon.

I stopped at Ace Hardware to see if they had someone that would work on my Toto Leaf Vacuum. I tried to use it earlier this month and the start button no longer works. So if he can't fix it, I am in a quandary. They gave me a name there in Coffeyville and I called him. He is Tom Mullen. He needed the serial number and the model number. When I got home I called the business back and give them the information. I will check with him when I get back from Conference. Always something!

So More Later... I want to go watch the news.

No comments: