Thursday, January 18, 2024

Thursday and No 2nd Life iIsurance Policy

I never did find the second life insurance policy. I went through the entire file cabinet last night and today again. I do have the numbers of both of them from paperwork in the past. I just couldn't find the actual second policy.

And I never did decide whether the problem in the den is the power strip or the actual plug. There's an awful lot plugged into the power strip.

It's 6:15AM now and I guess I will get dressed.  I will get back to this later.

I did get dressed and caught not only the grey cat and fed it but also the "weather on the 8's" for the next week.

Here it is..

Today is to be 42 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be  24 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 25 degrees and mostly cloudy, Sunday is to be 36 degrees and cloudy, Monday is to be 40 degrees and ice to rain, Tuesday is to be 47 degrees and showers, Wednesday is to be 49 degrees and showers.  That's the week! Two days of rain and one of ice to rain. That's good moisture! 

We can sure use the moisture! 

More Later... 

Leslie and John came in about noon and John tried to ascertain if the power outage was due to the plug on the den wall or was in the box in the garage. I texted Stephen and he will come check it out after he gets off work at 5:00-5:30. I have had the problem with the washer twice in the past. The washer would not start and I tried what one of the women who reads my blog suggested. She said to find the fuse area where the washer was listed and switch the switch off and then switch it back on and go try the washer again. I did that and both times that worked.

That's strange... but both times it worked so I always try to try whatever works. I had nothing to lose.

John got the mower started and I let it run until it ran out of gas. He said that was important to do after the mowing season is over. Then I put it back in the garage.  

Leslie talked to the Prudential people on the phone and they are going to send me a paper to fill out and send back to them. This will let me use the dividends from my Prudential Life Insurance to pay off the loan on the policy instead of giving me additional life insurance. The life insurance will be paid up when I turn 90 in two years anyhow  (if I live that long) and if I don't, I still have the amount of the life insurance for the kids to use to cremate me. And there will be no debt against it. 

Stephen, my landlord, came about the loss of power in the den. It took him all of ten minutes to find the problem. I think he called it a  ground fault interrupter..or something similar to that. It looked like a light plug and there was a little place where a tiny lever of a sort had popped out right in the middle and he knew right where it was. He pushed it back in and I was back in business. He had had to find his in his apartment and it was in the same place as it was in his ...in his apartment's garage. There is one by my Keurig in the kitchen too...anywhere near the sink...and water.. he said that was to keep anyone from being electrocuted.

More Tomorrow... I am so glad to have everything back where it belongs.

3 comments:

DrumMajor said...

I bet if you call the life insurance company with the policy number, they might send you a replacement document. Stay warm, Linda in Kansas

Margie's Musings said...

Linda, my daughter used to be a manager for Prudential and she took care of getting the man she spoke with to do it that way.. I am supposed to get that form n return mail.

Galla Creek said...

That Leslie knows so much. She’s a big help in times of need.