Saturday, January 20, 2024

Saturday and Very Cold

 I was up at 4:00AM this morning...just couldn't stay asleep. I got up to catch the weather forecast. It took awhile and I had my breakfast bar and Chai Latte. I checked for the cats but it was way too cold for them to be out. They must have found shelter somewhere...perhaps under a house.  I have checked several times out the front door.

I did catch "the weather on the 8's" and here it is for the next week.

Today is to be 23 degrees and mostly sunny, tomorrow is to be 37 degrees and mostly cloudy, Monday is to be 38 degrees and rain and freezing rain. Tuesday is to be 47 degrees and AM fog and PM clouds, Wednesday is to be 45 degrees and showers, Thursday  is to be 49 degrees and AM showers, Friday is to be 47 degrees and cloudy. That's the week and a couple of days or three of rain showers. We certainly need the rain.

I will check again for the cats...

The little grey cat was out there and I took it out a bowl of food. It ate the dry food and left the wet. It evidently prefers dry food.

More Later... It's gone now and the wet food is still out there. None of the other cats are coming out in this cold. It's 5 degrees F..the computer says and it's a record low. 

More Later... 

I went to Coffeyville to get gas and also to wash my car. The car washes were all closed and had cones setting in front of them so that didn't work out. I went to Walmart to get some other things I was out of and then came on back home. I was going to wash my car but since all the car washes were closed and even had cones in front of them, that was a waste of time.

I picked up Sally and we ate at Joyce's restaurant (Gabbies) with half a dozen other people. After I took her home I read some more on the second book I had checked out. At 7:00PM I took my bath and put my pajamas on and read some more.  It's almost 8:00PM now and I contacted Cox Complete Care and had a woman download herself on my computer and get my Outlook fixed and my Cox passwords changed. Then I was able to read all my week long Outlook e-mail. 

I read on the e-mail that the world church did  appoint another president for the church. Steve Veasey had to give it up because of  a serious health problem. Stassi Cramm was called as prophet-president designate to replace him.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Good grief! You and me both. I got up at 4:30 this morning and I'm getting really sleepy.