Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Tuesday and More Snow

 I slept poorly last night. I woke up at 3:00AM and could not get back to sleep. Finally I got up and went to the living room and read my second book until I finished it. Then I went back to bed and back to sleep. I slept until 6:00AM this time. Evidently reading helped he get back to sleep.

I opened the front door and saw the little grey cat waiting for it's breakfast. I took out both bowls with both dry and wet cat food. That cat ate until it was full and then left. I left the food that was left out there for another cat. So far no others have braved the cold. Its minus 4 degrees right now and clear.

We are also under a severe weather alert here in Caney.

I did catch "the weather on the 8's".

Today is to be 23 degrees and sunny, tomorrow is to be 40 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 41 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be  22 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 25 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday is to be 38 degrees and mostly cloudy, and Monday is to be 42 degrees and showers.  That's one day of rain on Monday. That's not enough but better then nothing at all. 

I drove up to the library and put my two books in the book drop there. Then I texted Denise and Diana, my nieces. She and her sister are speaking again.  Thank God! We only have one family. We shouldn't alienate ourselves from them.

It's 3 degrees below zero now here in Caney. I would like to drive down to Copan for lunch. I would like to ask Sally to go with me. It's only six miles...closer then either Coffeyville or Independence. Coffeyville is 12 miles and Independence is 22 miles,

I see it's a little warmer now.... but far from warm.

More Even Later... 

I called Sally and we are going to go down to Copan for lunch.  I will pick her up at noon. Then after I take her home, I will stop at the Caney library and get a couple more books to read. Unfortunately that was a waste of time. The library was closed..because of the snow and the school was closed. So the library was closed too.

More Later...



3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Glad you will finally get above freezing tomorrow. Stay safe. Be careful if you go to your mailbox.

Margie's Musings said...

I carefully walk out to the mailbox. The flag is up now. I will know when I have had the mailman by. He will put the flag down.

Kay said...

My granddaughter was on remote learning yesterday. It was brutally cold in Chicago too. It's hard to complain to them that it was 57 degrees here in Hawaii and we were freezing...