Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Great Surprise

I tried to call Performance West all morning. They were supposed to pick up my mower and fix the ignition. No one ever answered the phone. Finally about 10:30, I broke down and called Bobby, Karan's husband. I explained the situation to him...it's supposed to rain the next four days and I was going to have to bale my lawn. It needed mowing on last Saturday. He said he would come out this afternoon after he got some carpet laid in one of their mobile homes.

Bob A. came by after I got off work and asked me to go to lunch with him and I said I would if we could get back before Bobby came. So we went to lunch. When we got back, not an hour later, Jeff, the young man who is working on my eaves, said Bobby and come and gone and had the mower fixed. I couldn't believe it. Jeff said he had put a new ignition in it and tested it out to be sure it would run.

I was delighted. In fact, I spent part of the afternoon mowing. My internet was down so that's about all I could do. Cox came out and fixed the internet. It was the splitter from the TV to the computers. The young man put in a new one.

Jeff got the eaves striped and sanded and primed yesterday and finished the painting today. He still has the repair to do. If it doesn't rain tomorrow he'll come back and do the repair. I also want him to strip the paint off two more places that I can prime and paint myself. I don't know what that is going to cost me but it has to be done.

I went out and bought a real cute card and put Bobby's money in it with a note. He had left me the bill. $11.48 for the part and $175.00 for the labor...unless I wanted to do option #2, which was $11.48 for the part and a hug. Of course, I took option #2. What a guy!!

I was fairly busy at work today. She did payroll and that usually keeps me busy. I sent in my time sheet today for next Friday and also sent in my job search sheet. I should have a direct deposit by Friday from the last time sheet.

I have such great friends!!

3 comments:

clairz said...

What a wonderful bill to receive!

Margie's Musings said...

Isn't that the truth!

Balisha said...

How wonderful, Margie. It sounds like your place is getting all fixed up.Have a nice day today...Balisha