Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Sunny Saturday

Well, surprise, surprise! The sun is shining today and the carpenter came back and is out there scraping the soffet in front. He will prime and paint it too. I had intended to do it but since he is scraping the paint off, he wanted to at least prime it to protect the wood and so since he's here, he may as well paint it too.

I went to breakfast with my brother-in-law this morning. He is going to do some plumbing in his bathroom today. I don't exactly know what I want to do. This would be a good opportunity for me to enlarge the flowerbed out by the curb and I may do that.

The laundry is done and the house is really not too dirty. It's been a week but I constantly pick up after myself.

I went out at 9:45 to see my sister at the nursing home. She was in her wheelchair and the one coherent thing she said to me was "I want you to go home with me". Other then that, I couldn't make out anything she said. They came and put her to bed for her nap and she soon fell asleep. She cried a little first. I would probably cry too if I were in her position. Alzheimer's is a terrible disease. I stayed about 15 minutes.

Then I went down to see Gerry. She is 90 years old and had to be on oxygen all the time. Her oxygen levels are too low. I take the newspapers out to her. She likes to read. She's having problems staying awake nowadays though. I stayed about 15 minutes with her too.

I came home a while ago and Jeff told me some of the soffits on my house are rotted. He began scraping to prime and paint and his putty knife went right through the soffit. Water has been trapped in there at some time…probably after the hailstorm of 2002. So he’s going to replace about five pieces of that wood. This thing grows and grows. It has to be done so there's no use putting it off.

I started about 5:00 enlarging the curbside flower bed and lining it with stone. I took out the old clay and put in some new dirt. Tomorrow, if I can find the time, I will plant some flowers, mulch it and take a photo of it. Bob had put a lot of river rock and stones in there and I wasn't able to get them all out so I cleaned them and used part of them in the flowerbed. We will see how that works.

Anyhow, I came in at 9:00 after cleaning up my mess and took a shower and washed my hair. It was soaking wet. That was a waste of $11.00 Thursday. Anyhow, I feel better now but I bet I sleep tonight.

No comments: