Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Calm Thursday

Today the wind is calm and I am so glad. I am so tired of the wind. It is exhausting.  It is about 40 degrees out there.

Missy wanted out awhile ago. I let her out and she wandered away some. She usually stays pretty much close to the carport. This morning she wandered  off around the corner and to the east side of the apartment.  I took my broom around there and swept the patio so I could watch her. Then she decided to go next door and around that corner. I was leery of her going that far so I went after her. She just hates to be picked up and when she saw that that was my intention, she started home on her own...hissing and spitting all the way.  She was not a happy kitty. I just don't want her running onto a stray and getting into another fight. She went through a lot last year after that fight with that black stray.

Today I will clean house. I got the laundry done yesterday...except for the white afghan. I need to wash it.  It is fairly full of cat hair.

We will have leftover meatloaf today at noon. I will fix some baked potatoes to go with it and some veggies. I still have Bob's coleslaw and it looks fine. It has been covered with saran wrap since Tuesday. Tomorrow we will have the leftover chili.  Maybe we can get the leftovers used up before Saturday.

I am anxious for the last week in April to get here. I want to plant my flower boxes and the flower box my son in law made for me when I moved into this apartment. This year I will not plant sweet potato vine. It took over the flowerbed last year.

Bob came over at 6:00 and we watched some new episodes  of the Big Bang Theory. He went home about 8:00 and I took my bath and went to bed. 


2 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I know exactly what you are writing about with the wind. Not sure if it is just me this spring, or if it has been windier this year than in the past. It is aggravating to try and work in the yard or flowerbeds when the wind is making my eyes water and nose run. Even with a scarf on and my hair tied back some strands still manage to escape and blow into my face. I kept having to catch up with windblown empty potting soil bags, and the leaves I was trying to clean up before they blew into the neighbor's yard. Finally, even though it was a sunny, cool day, I gave up and went back into the house, exhausted from dealing with that wind.

I don't remember it being this windy so far into the gardening season in the past. Maybe I am just more easily bothered by such things now.

I am glad you managed to get your kitty back home. Once they get a taste of free wandering, they don't want to stay in the house. At least that is how it went with the cat we used to have. He wasn't allowed to wander until he was about 7 years old. He lived to be 17 years old. One late afternoon he wanted to go out. We let him out and he stretched out on the warmth of our sidewalk. He had always liked laying there. It was a little after dark when we realized that he had not yet come in to eat. When we opened the door to call him, he was stretched out on the sidewalk as usual. It looked like he was sleeping. When he didn't even look up when we called, we found that he had gone to his favorite napping place for that one last time.

Hope the wind calms so you can enjoy planting your flowerboxes and other outdoor work.

Have a beautiful Easter!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Susie. I hope when it becomes Missy's time to go that she goes that peacefully.