Monday, April 14, 2014

Cold Monday

It's cold this morning. 40 degrees, can you believe it! And we are forecast for rain and snow.  It was 80 degrees yesterday. What weird weather!

We will go to exercise class this morning and when I get back home, I will fix my dinner.

I cleaned the bathroom this morning. It had been awhile. I really need to run the vacuum all over the apartment today too. I am doing some white laundry right now.  I need to wash some dark jeans too.

I bought Chi while we were in Branson last weekend.  I just drank a cup of leftover coffee and now I think I will fix a cup of Chi. I like something warm on a cold morning like this. 

If you are watching TV this morning you know there has been even more violence over night. I really think the public, especially the extreme and unbalanced public, have been exposed to way too much violence on TV and in movies and have become desensitized to violence and the pain of others. All this was unheard of when I was young.


We had our lunch and then went over to Caney to get my new contacts.  Then we went down to Dewey to buy meat.  Afterward we came home to both take our naps.  Scott called while I was reading. He is taking a prisoner to Ft. Leavenworth tomorrow and from there he will go on the Savannah to see Ashley and a girl he is really interested in meeting. He has been corresponding with her for some time and wants to meet her in person.

I sent him his short term savings.

More later...

Bob came over later this evening and we had our wine  and watched a couple of episodes of Big Bang Theory. We had seen both of them a couple of times before.  But there was nothing else we were interested in watching so Bob went home at 7:00 and I took my bath and put my pjs on. I watched a little of Antiques Roadshow but soon bored  and at 9:00 I went on to bed.

2 comments:

marlu said...

You are right that there was not this kind of violence when we were young. I think movies and tv are part of it but there were fewer people in the country. We've almost doubled the population since the 30's! No instant news all day every day so we didn't hear about things happening far away until later. I can remember a couple of horrible examples in our town that my folks discussed when I wasn't supposed to be listening...one involving a hatchet and the other the old reliable - a gun.

Margie's Musings said...

I can recall only one murder in our town when I was a youth. It was connected to a bootlegger.

I think there's entirely too much violence being sensationalized.