Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Very Cold Tuesday!

It was 26degrees this morning and we had a hard freeze! I took my and Marilyn's trash over across the street so the trash men could pick it up and it was cold! We got spoiled with that spring-like weather last week. It will be colder this week all week. Then it should warm up again.

I slept well again last night. It appears my arm pain is finally alleviated after all this time. I wonder how much good the exercise classes are doing toward that. I have probably mentioned this before but I finally discovered what had originally caused the pain. It was one of the antibiotics I took for the erysipelas I developed a year ago last February.  We really have to watch the side effects of meds anymore. That's why I like to take as little as possible. This bad one was Minocycline 100 mg..

Today we take the cakes to Independence and both Bob and I will get a haircut and I will get mine done.  Then we will eat at Big Cheese. This afternoon I need to do some more housework.

I have spent a lot of time reading lately. One of my favorite authors is Bart Ehrman, a leading scholar of the New Testament.  I am currently reading one of his newer books on proving that Jesus actually lived...refuting claims by some scholars who believe he did not live.

I have a new one I have not begun yet. It is entitled "How Jesus Became God".  I have read a synopsis of it after NPR interviewed him. Verrrry interesting!

Here is a link to the NPR interview with him.

http://www.npr.org/2014/04/07/300246095 ... become-one

We got everything done we had hoped to do today and this evening Bob came over for TV.  He left at 8:00 and I took my bath and went to bed about 9:00.

No comments: