Sunday, March 31, 2019

Sunday and Church

Well, I didn't sleep as well last night. I may catch a nap this afternoon. I got up at 4:00AM. I just couldn't get back to sleep.

I think John ended up with six Cowboy Corgis last evening. Octavia just took awhile to get it done.

I have the coffeecake in the oven now. After it bakes and cools, I will ice it.

I have decided that I will try to mow on Mondays and Tuesdays after the grass is dry. I will try to mow the front in the mornings on Mondays and the back in the afternoon. Then the west side I will try to get done on Tuesdays. I plan to go to Coffeyville on Wednesdays to meet Bob for breakfast, get my hair done and eat lunch and then go to game day at the senior center.  This week we still have a Lenten Luncheon at the First Baptist Church. This week, on Friday, we leave for World Conference in Independence, Missouri. I will clean, as usual on Thursday and also pack for the week of conference.  On April 17th, after conference, Dean comes. He will stay three days and spend two nights here. I will give him my bed and sleep on the trundle in the den like I always do when I have company.

I got the cake for this Tuesday baked and iced yesterday. I will take it to church this morning and put it in the freezer there. Then Bob can pick it up on his way to deliver cakes to Independence, Kansas, on Tuesday this week.

I will get my hair done regularly on Wednesdays now. I would like to get a manicure before conference but don't know if I can work that in or not. I am finally beginning to get fingernails again. I had stopped taking my Biotin and I could really tell it in my fingernails and also my hair.

Coffeecake is out of the oven now and cooling.  I will ice it as soon as it's cool.

More later....

I got the coffee cake iced and will load everything in the car after awhile. I will leave for church about 8:30AM. I will have to put the cake in the freezer, get out the paper plates and plastic forks and cut it and perhaps start the coffee. I will tape the sign about next Sunday services being dismissed on the front door window and take a copy of the second quarter schedule for Phyllis. By then, Bob should be there.

I don't know where we will eat today. Perhaps it will be Great China or Just Us.  We will see. When I get home I will need to get the newsletters out. So far this computer has stayed up all night but no telling about the rest of the day. I had to reboot it yesterday.

More even later this afternoon.

John said Octavia ended up with 7 puppies. He showed us photos of them. They are so cute!

The church service was good. Leslie did a good job. After church Phyllis and I went to Just Us for lunch.  We met Rick and Carmen there and sat together.  Rick ended up buying Phyllis and my lunch. That was good of him. I really like those kids. They are younger then any of mine.

After I took Phyllis back to the church to get her car, I went on home and did the newsletters. Afterward, I went over to Nancy's and took her some coffeecake.  I also gave some to Alice, my next door neighbor.

Then I read most of the afternoon. The grass was too wet to mow. Later I watched 60 Minutes and recorded a couple of shows to watch tomorrow. About 7:00PM, I took my bath and read until 9:00PM when I went on to bed.

No comments: