Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Wednesday and Bunco

I slept well again last night. I had the heat up to 73 degrees and that helped...besides taking three melatonin tablets...that helps too. It replaces the melatonin that is destroyed by the blue light emitted by the TV, the new light bulbs, the smart phone and the computers. Suzanne told me she takes five 10 mg of melatonin every night. I don't want to take five but three certainly helps me sleep the natural way.

I got up around 5:00AM, dressed and had my oatmeal for breakfast and one cup of coffee. I am having my Chai Latte now. Cleaning the Keurig out yesterday certainly seemed to help. Scott called about 6:00AM and talked to me while he was ordering his breakfast out at a drive through. Ginger is at MIT on assignment. He certainly seems happy. They are building a 4500 square foot home on five acres. He will need a very large zero turning radius mower to keep all that mowed.  She will need a cleaning lady...that's for sure.

Karan called last night just as I was sitting down to read my book. She needed me to take her Palm Sunday sermon. She will be out of town with her daughter, Sheri, and Gretchen.  So instead of reading, I worked up my sermon for Palm Sunday. I wanted to get that and the bulletin finished before Leslie and I leave Friday morning for our trip to Independence, Missouri for a week. John will take the RV up there for us but he won't stay. He has seven new puppies to look after plus what is left of his business to take care of. He delivers liquid feed to supplement the diets of cattle. It is usually a winter thing but some farmers like to continue it through the spring and summer too.

I  may bake cookies this morning. I will need something to take to Bunco this afternoon. First I want to go to the Lenten Luncheon at the First Baptist Church at noon. Then I will go to Bunco at the senior center there at 1:00PM. After today, I will be going over first thing in the morning on Wednesdays at 10:00AM to get my hair done, then I will run my errands and also go to the bank, and after I have lunch out, I will go to the senior center or Asbury Village for game day.

Tomorrow, as usual, I will clean the apartment and do my laundry and then pack for our trip. I am excited about going up there and spending the week with Leslie at conference.

More later....

I intend to go to Bunco after the Lenten Luncheon and just finished baking peanut butter cookies for Bunco. I texted Karan and she hopes to make it to the Lenten Luncheon but she has a mammography appointment at 11:00 and hopes she can make it to the luncheon but definitely plans to be at Bunco.

I have done my dishes and put most of them away already too. I put a dozen in a container to take to Bunco. I have to admit I ate a cookie while they were still warm. I will take whatever are still in my cookie jar with us to the conference on Friday.  CBS news is on now so I will go watch it.

More later..

I read for awhile while I was waiting for time to leave for Coffeyville. I got there in time for the Lenten Luncheon and sat with some folks I had known for years. After lunch and the sermonette, I headed for the senior center and the Bunco game. There were seven of us there. We played from 1:00PM until 4:00PM and had our treats. I gave the rest of the cookies I had taken as treats to my former neighbor, Marilyn. She loves peanut butter cookies.  Then I drove home.

After I got home I got the mail and did the crossword puzzle and then took the papers over to Alice. Then I got my book and read until after 5:00PM. After the CBS news comes on at 5:30PM, I will go watch it. I am really not interested in the Tulsa news.

At 7:00PM, I will take my bath and put my PJs on and go back to the book until 9:00PM or so when I will go on to bed.

I have a big day ahead of me tomorrow.

No comments: