Monday, April 1, 2019

Monday and An Eye Appointment

This morning at 8:30AM, I have an appointment with Dr. Burch downtown. Then this afternoon at 1:30, Suzanne wants to take Alice and me to Eggberts for coffee and pie. We will also pay her our rent.

It's cold again today It's 7:20AM and 31 degrees outside. And it's April 1st. Unbelievable! I am ready for spring..real spring.

I slept pretty well last night. I went to bed shortly before 9:00PM and got up about 4:45AM this morning.  I had enough sleep.

I would like to have mowed the front of my yard today but it's too cold out.

I have dressed and had my oatmeal and coffee. I have even watched the news....not that there's much news except the same old, same old. Maybe I will have more to write about later today. Tomorrow is my grandson's 40th birthday. I have sent him a card. I usually give him a gift of a gift certificate to El Pueblito but I have not been out there to get one lately.

I am still waiting for the rest of the utility bills for March. I have the water and sewer but so far no Atmos Energy (gas) or Westar Electric. I guess later I will call them. They are supposed to send them by e-mail and I am to pay them online.

More later...

By the way, these are the seven Cowboy Corgi puppies John's Blue Heeler, Octavia, ended up with by morning.

Image may contain: indoor

At 8:20AM I went to my eye appointment. Roger will be retiring in a couple of months and he is still hoping someone will buy his practice otherwise, he is going to have to store 6,000 case records for five years.

He also wants to get me a trial of a contact he thinks will improve my vision a little more. He will call me when it comes in.

I came back home afterward and read awhile. Suzanne came about 1:15 and picked up Alice and me to go to the Copan restaurant to coffee and pie.  It was excellent pie, by the way.  She broke the news to Alice and me that she and Steve are going to sell the duplex. Their property taxes are going up a lot and they simply can't afford to keep the duplexes. Also, Alice has bought a house in Edna near her family and will be moving there. What a shock all that is.

I called Nancy when we got back home and she was intending to call David, her son. He was not going to contact her again after she declined to move into assisted living.  I haven't talked to her since we talked this afternoon.  I read all afternoon and finished one of the books. I hope to finish the second one before Leslie and I leave for World Conference on Friday.

It's 8:30PM now and I have had my bath and am now in my PJs. I will watch some TV for awhile before I go to bed.

No comments: