Friday, April 5, 2019

Friday and All Packed and Ready to Go

I did not sleep well last night even though I took three melatonin tablets. I slept until about 2:30AM and then just lay there until 4:00AM when I just got up. I needed to finish my last minute packing anyhow. That is done now and the car is packed. I still need to stop by the post office before I leave town so it will be a little after 8:00AM when I get to John and Leslie's home. The post office doesn't open until 8:00AM. Unfortunately, we are under a fog advisory too this morning. That timing is bad.

I am taking the laptop computer and hope to be able to log on with the church's Wifi. I want to keep track of my bills. I have the utilities all scheduled but haven't yet heard from Cox about my TV and internet. I did get my Chase Amazon bill paid too. And I am to get my social security on Wednesday.

While I am gone, John is going to program an extra garage door remote that they have to match mine. That way they can get into my apartment in case they need to do that. That's a good idea. I never lock the kitchen/ garage door so they can get in that way just in case the key the hardware store made for the dead bolt in the front door doesn't work. Someone needs to be able to get in in case of an emergency.

I have read books ever since I moved into this apartment this winter and I hope I have not been sitting around so much that I can't walk any distance. When the weather clears, I intend to walk to the library which is just four blocks away. And, of course, I will have my new flower bed to plant and care for too and the mowing. That should give me some much needed exercise.

More later...if I have time. I hope to be able to post here from Independence, Missouri, using the laptop computer..

I went out to John and Leslie's shortly after 8:30AM and John loaded my luggage and groceries into Leslie's vehicle. Then we took off for Independence, Missouri. John drove his truck and pulled the RV and Leslie and I went in her SUV.  It took us several hours to get there and get set up.

Then John left and went back home. He texted Leslie when he got there.

We visited Jody and Woody for awhile and when they left we took our showers and went to bed.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Walking to the library sounds wonderful to me. I am 5 miles from mine so that is out for me.