Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Tuesday and a Hair Appointment

I slept pretty well last night. Especially after I got up and put another blanket on my bed. For awhile I just  couldn't seem to get warm. I got up a little after 5:00AM and got dressed and ready for the day. I had my oatmeal and coffee. I tried to clean my Keurig this morning but couldn't get it to come apart. The last time I had to clean it, Karan helped me so I am taking it to Coffeyville with me and after I get my hair done I am going to run by Karan's and see if she can help me again. The last time, it came apart just fine but this time I have tugged and tugged on it but it won't come apart. Very frustrating. I had stuck the stickers that came on my cup on it when I went to Utopia for a Capachino and when I tried to get them off when I moved, they left a sticky residue. I tried to get that off with nail polish remover but that just made it worse. Maybe Karan can figure out how to get it to come apart. I sure can't.

My hair appointment is at 9:00AM, I think. After this Tuesday, I will get my hair done on Wednesday and that will save me an extra  trip to Coffeyville when I want to stay for game day.

I want to run out to Walmart after I get my hair done.  I want to get a few things there. I also want to run by the bank and get money for the week I am gone to Conference next week.

I don't have another plan for today. It's probably going to be too cold to mow when I get back from Coffeyville. Maybe if it warms up a bit I can get the front and the back done.  I never did get the side done. It has rained off and on since I mowed the front and back after John brought me the mower.

More later....

I dropped by Karan's after I went to the bank and to my hair appointment.  I asked her to help me get that Keurig apart so I could clean it. We had a time figuring it out. Since I use it for Chai Latte as well as coffee, it occasionally plugs up. I have had it apart before but this time it was stubborn. It took both of us to figure it out.

I got back after going to Walmart and getting a few things. When I got home the large biscuits had broken open and I went ahead and baked them. There really wasn't much else I could do about  it. I will toast them in my skillet and add oleo and jelly as I eat them.

I put everything else away.

Leslie came by after lunch to check on me and to talk about what we will  eat at Conference.  We intend to take soup and crackers and oatmeal and some sandwich stuff and eat out less often then we usually do.

She stayed quite awhile and tried to help me download the app for World Conference.  They needed a number they were going to send me by e-mail but it's been an hour and I still don't have it. I may have to wait until we get there to get that number. They must be terribly busy the week before Conference starts. She left about 2:45PM to go wash her car. I will see her on Friday at 8:00AM. We want to leave at  9:00AM. John will use his truck to haul the RV up there and get it set up. We will be staying in it.

Well, back to this later...  

I had called Nancy this morning after I got home from Coffeyville but she was not home. After Leslie left, I called her again. It's unusual for Nancy not to be home.   So later, about 4:00PM, I dropped by and rang the doorbell. Still she wasn't home. That was extremely unusual but I thought she might be over to Sandy's. But I drove by Sandy's and she wasn't there either. I asked Sandy if she had a key and she didn't but she said Dale did. So when I got home and still couldn't raise her, I called Dale. He said he had been mowing all day. But he also had a key and he said he would run into town and check her out and call me back. He did. He found her with Sara at the Eggberts and they were having supper. I was so relieved. She's like me...she forgets a lot of stuff. But she was enjoying getting out of the house and I was so glad she was o.k. She is 84 and if she fell down the stairs and no one checked on her she could just lay there like my grandmother did.

It is 6:15PM now and I will take my bath at 7:00PM and read awhile before going to bed at 9:00PM. I want to finish this second book before I leave for Conference on Friday. I will go back to Coffeyville tomorrow for the Lenten Luncheon and game day at the senior center.

2 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

It sounds like you and your friend will have a fun little adventure going to the Conference. It will be fun staying in the RV and having some of your own easy meals and snacks. Have a nice time.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, but Leslie is my daughter. We will have a good time. Thanks for coming by!