Monday, January 6, 2020

Monday and Laundry

I got up shortly before 5:00AM this morning and stripped my bed and did a load of laundry. I put some old sheets on the bed and made it up. The bottom sheet has a three corner tear toward the bottom.  I need to find some sort of iron on tape to repair it. I guess. I sleep on the opposite side of the bed so I may just wait to try to repair it until I change the sheets again. The laundry is in the dryer now.

I have had my breakfast of oatmeal, coffee and Chai  and am dressed and ready for the day. I had three cats come for breakfast this morning. I couldn't get them away from the front door so I went out into the garage and opened that door and took their food out to them. When they finished eating and went away, I brought in their bowls and I will put them back out this evening.

Nancy wants to go to breakfast or brunch today and I may do that. I am watching the news right now so I will get back to this later.

More later...

I finally got a hold of Nancy. Her son is determined  to put her in a nursing home but she is not fragile. She is fully capable of taking care of herself at 85. I call her every day and her cousin looks in on her most days. But her son lives half a continent away and he does not keep in touch with her well..in fact seldom calls and visits with her. Today he sent two women from a Bartlesville nursing home to interview her about her capabilities.  She is a little forgetful but aren't we all.... in our middle eighties.    She has lots of friends and they check in on her regularly. They take her to dinner out of town and she enjoys their company.

If he moved her to Bartlesville she wouldn't know a soul. She has a beautiful home and wants to live in it. If she could find someone she knows to move in with her, that would be the the best thing for her.

We went to lunch and she had an opportunity to talk to me about it. Then we went to the distribution center and picked up some groceries. She had expressed interest in seeing my church so I suggested we go look at it. After I gave her the grand tour there I asked her if she would like to go to Independence and get a blizzard at their Dairy Queen. She was game so we did that.

She was feeling a lot better after our beautiful day. The weather was more like Spring.

I came on back home after that and watched some TV and read in my book. I worked over my sermon for January 26th. I put the groceries I had picked up in the frig.

This evening  I fed three feral cats their supper and when they finished eating I brought in the bowls.

I took my bath about 7:00PM and it's almost 8:30PM now. I am watching Heavy Rescue 401 about wreckers in Alaska trying to keep the roads free of wrecks.

I will go to bed when it's closer to 9:00PM.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why doesn’t Nancy cut him off.

Margie's Musings said...

He is her only child. He is also on her bank account funds.

BakingReview.com said...

https://bakingreview.com/laundry-room-table/ may be helpful here.