Friday, May 15, 2020

Friday and a Severe Storm Warning

I got up about 5:00AM this morning. I slept pretty well. My right arm is still sore but not as bad as yesterday. It stormed last night. I dressed and fixed my oatmeal for breakfast and have had my coffee too.

One little yellow cat braved the rain for his/her breakfast. Now there are two yellow cats out there. Luckily I had taken all three bowls out there.

John, my son-in-law is painting again. Leslie found him some canvasses at Hobby Lobby in Bartlesville. I hadn't realized they were open again. He painted cats yesterday and sent me a photo of them saying they didn't eat cat food. He offered the painting to me and he will get it to me when he can. I have one wall in my dining room that I can hang it on.

 No photo description available.

When I turned on the weather channel on TV this morning and found that we are under a severe thunderstorm warning.  It looks quiet out there. There's not even any rain yet. I heard it storming last night but managed to sleep through it.

This is the painting John did of Mini, their Corgi. It is a great likeness!
No photo description available.


More later....

It's got darker now out there and has begun raining now. I went out and picked up the cat bowls.  I didn't want what cat food was still in them to get wet. The cats are gone now. They are probably looking for shelter from the rain.

More even later...

The rain didn't last long here. My brother- in-law texted me that they have thunder and rain over at Coffeyville.  We have nothing here in Caney. It has even lightened up outside.  Coffeyville must have gotten the weather they have north of Coffeyville at Independence.

More later...

The rain has started again here. It is really pouring out there.

John and Leslie were on their way to Bartlesville and stopped by so John could give me the cat painting. Leslie hung it for me. Then they left. I was happy to have the painting because I am a "cat" person.

When I got my mail, I got my large hooks that I want to put in the studs in the garage so I can hang  some of my tools. I managed to get two in without the studs. I asked Leslie if they had a stud finder  and John said they didn't. I texted Suzanne to see if Steve had one I could borrow. He has one but she was already in town working the food pantry. She said they would get it to me later this week.

If there was a hardware store around here I would buy one but the closest hardware store would be either Coffeyville, Independence or Bartlesville. I don't plan to go to any of those places until next Wednesday when I have my first hair appointment in two months.

I read until lunchtime and then  I thawed a hamburger patty ad a bun and made myself a hamburger and I still had some of Suzanne's potato salad from Sunday and I ate that too.

Then I tried to read my new book on the Kindle. It is not very entertaining so far but since I bought it, I will read it.

I see a yellow cat out there waiting for supper.  I think it's Big Yellow Tom so I will take a moment and feed him. Back later...

Yes, it was Big Yellow Tom. He is eating there now and I put the double dish out there too just in case another cat comes for dinner too. He finished and I brought in the dishes until another cat comes for a meal.

It's almost 5:30PM and time for the CBS news. So I will take a break for the news.

More later...

I took my bath about 7:00PM and watched a few programs on Amazon Prime  and then came in the den to play a game until bedtime.

About 9:05PM, I went on to bed.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I like the Corgi painting.

marlu said...

Your son-in-law is very talented. I like both paintings and they show two different styles of his work!

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, he is. I forget the kind the different types of paintings are.