Saturday, May 16, 2020

Saturday and Poor Sleep

I slept poorly last night. My arm hurt and after 1:30AM it woke me up. From then on it was off and on. Sometime in the middle of the night I got up and came in to the recliner. I lay here for twenty minutes but still couldn't sleep so I went back to bed. I pulled out one of my extra pillows and laid my arm on that and finally got back to sleep. The next time I woke up it was 5:30AM so I just got up.

I dressed and got myself ready for the day. I have had my oatmeal and coffee and even a breakfast bar. I will have my chai latte next.

When I opened the front door I had two yellow cats here for their breakfast and put the two blue bowls of cat food out for them. One was a small yellow cat and the other one a little larger. I haven't had any of the gray cats come yet. I have washed the bowls just in case they do show up. There are two of them.....mama cat and scruffy gray cat. I haven't seen the Big Yellow Tom yet either.

More later...

Scruffy gray cat and Big Yellow Tom finally showed up for his/her breakfasts and I put food out there for them. After they ate and left, I brought in the food again.

I have been watching the news and have also been putting liners on some of the shelves in the kitchen and bathroom cabinets.  That will make it easier to keep those shelves clean.  If I get a chance, I will buy another couple of bags of those foam liners.

I put some in my frig too to keep the moisture down. It helps keep the bananas nice. I also put those in a plastic bag and put a folded paper towel in there with them to absorb moisture and twist a plastic twistee around the top after pressing out as much air as possible. I can usually get nine days out of my bananas that way. Even if the skins get dark, the fruit inside is nice and fresh.

More later...

I've been reading all afternoon. I took enough time out to install my new camera/mic for the new computer Keith gave me. I texted Leslie for some instructions on the hook up for the speakers. I had unhooked them and then later recalled I would need them. The new camera is just a camera with a mic...no speakers...so I hooked them up again. It took me several tries to find the right port but I finally did..

When I stood up to go watch the news, I realized I had a terrible back ache...too much sitting I guess. I don't know what will be worse tonight...the right arm or the back . I have mislaid my heating pad somewhere...probably in the attic in one of the boxes. Maybe if I soak in the tub tonight that might help. I took two Aleve right away but it doesn't seem to be doing much to help.

It's nearly 4:00PM now and I will go watch the news at 4:00PM.

More later...I will also go eat a banana. That will be my supper.

I had my banana and then as I was putting cat food out front for Big Yellow Tom, I saw a boy across the street throw a rock at a girl who was walking by out front. He missed but was all ready to throw another one when I stepped back outside and told him "shame!". He just looked at me. and I said "How do you feel about being a bully?" He just looked at me. Then I said, "You don't think you're a bully when you try to throw rocks at a girl?"  I shook my head several times and then came back into the house.

I hope he doesn't try to get back at me. I just couldn't let it go by. Kids are so different any more. If their parents try to teach them any better behavior, they must just ignore them.

We will see.

I took my bath about 7:30PM and I will try to stay up and read until 9:00PM. I am hoping I will be able to sleep better tonight. Tomorrow at 11:00AM CT I will watch the church service streamed online from Toronto, Canada. Their website is centreplace.ca. That congregation has been streaming services for a couple of years.

2 comments:

Terra said...

I hope your arm heals so you can get a good night's sleep. I saw your son in law's cats and Corgi paintings in the previous post; he is talented. Nice to meet you here.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you both for responding Terra and Laura!