Monday, May 11, 2020

Monday and a Quiet Day

I slept well last night and got up around 6:00AM. I texted Bob and he slept well too. I dressed and got myself ready for the day. I came in and fixed my breakfast and noticed two yellow cats, both young ones, waiting for breakfast so while I was waiting for my oatmeal to finish cooking, I set their breakfast out there and they dug in. They are both gone now so I brought the cat food in so the birds wouldn't eat it.

There will be rain all week. I have no idea when I can get my yard mowed.

Bob Texted me that Coffeyville's Eggberts is opening inside today with separation between booths and tables of at least six feet. Waitresses will wear masks. I may go over and pick him up for breakfast on Wednesday morning like we used to do. I have missed that.

There were 11 of us at Suzanne's and Steve's yesterday for Mother's Day but we sat around scattered separately. She sent home extra food for both Judy (her sister) and me. I will have Dink's Bar B Q for my lunch today, with Suzanne's potato salad and baked beans and banana nut bread for dessert.

It was good to be out and around people again.

Keith called me yesterday afternoon. Leslie and Scott had called me earlier. He tried to call me around 1:30PM but I was still at Steve and Suzanne's and my phone was in my purse. I noticed his attempt after I got home and called him back and we visited awhile. It was good to hear from all three of my kids on Mother's Day.

I see Big Yellow Tom Cat is out there for his breakfast so I set some of it back out there.

More later...

The CBS news is on now so I will get back to this later....

I will go out to Dollar General  after the news  is over. I need breakfast bars and cat food. I usually have one of those mid morning and I am out of them.

I got the cat food and breakfast bars at Dollar General. For lunch I had the food Suzanne sent home with me. I was very full when I finished it. But it was a good full. Anything that comes from Dink's Bar B Q is good.

When the mail came I had the gift Scott and Ginger sent me for Mother's Day. It was a lovely smelling Lavender candle. I lit it and burned it for quite awhile. It made the apartment smell very nice.

Later I decided to try to mend that ragged screen. I had also got the screen mending tape I had ordered to mend that screen on the living room west window. I worked and worked to try to lift the window but it just would not come loose.

Then I got my tack hammer and tapped on it on both sides and finally got it to come up. I spent the next thirty minutes mending all the holes in that screen. I wish that mending tape had been aluminum colored but it was charcoal gray instead. Anyhow the holes are covered now. I also got some white caulk and filled a gaping hole in the trim.

It's almost 4:00PM now and the news will be on soon. I will watch the weather channel until 4:00PM when Dr. Phil is off. I can't stand his program. I see we are to get rain tonight ..perhaps an inch. I had probably better bring that hanging plant back in this evening. It's 40 degrees now and may get even colder. But that plant doesn't need an inch of rain..for sure.

I haven't seen any cats this evening but I am not surprised. It has been raining all evening.  Only one of the yellow young cats showed up and that was before it began to rain much. He/she ate and left and I brought the food back in.

More later...  We are forecast for 60 mile an hour winds and quarter sized hail tonight.  It has been raining but no weather like that. It must have missed us.

At 7:00PM I took my bath and am ready for bed but it's only 8:15PM. If I go to bed now, I'll be up in the middle of the night. Maybe I will read awhile first and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM as usual.


No comments: