Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Tuesday and Laundry

I slept pretty well last night. The arm was not as bad as usual and I was able to  sleep with it just outstretched instead of on a pillow.

I got up at 5:00AM and dressed and have had my oatmeal and am working on my coffee. And I also had a breakfast bar.

I will do some laundry this morning...my towels and pjs and underwear . I will also vacuum the den.

It has rained all night. It's good I brought the plants in. I will water them myself if it ever stops raining. It's supposed to rain all day and all week really.  These must be the April rains,,,running late. I have no idea when I can have my yard mowed. It is soaked. I have been having it mowed on Tuesdays but that isn't going to happen this week.

I downloaded another Kindle book last night. I didn't start it yet. I will probably read on it today after I get my chores done.

More later....

With all this rain, I only had one small yellow cat here for breakfast. There was a small lull in the rain. None of the others wanted to get wet I guess. Just goes to show you that if you are hungry enough you will look for a small break in the rain and come for breakfast. That is what this little fellow/gal did.

He/she ate all he/she wanted and then jumped up on the outside window sill and took off.  I will leave the food out until the birds come...just in case some more cats get brave and come.  

More even later. I guess I'll get my laundry going. I see the rain is going again. I move the dishes back under my little porch roof. I have the laundry going now.

I got the laundry finished and put away. Then I started my new Kindle book. The name of it is The Silent Patient".  Once I started it, I couldn't put it down for a long time. the plot wound around and was hard to follow. But it was intriguing.

I fixed myself a TV dinner for lunch.

I went out to Dollar General and bought some contact cleaner and came back home to watch TV. After I finished watching some programs I had recorded, I switched back to regular TV. and something happened. I message came on the screen that said "No signal" and in the upper right part of the screen it just had a number "4". I called Cox and told them about it and they said they would reboot my modem and it would take about thirty minutes for it to come back up. Sure enough, in about thirty minutes it did come back up. I couldn't believe it was the TV and it wasn't. It was the Cox modem they made me rent when I moved here. Anyhow, I had TV again.

I had my usual banana for supper.

Later I went back to the book. About 7:00PM I took my bath and then I picked up the book again and finished it about 8:15PM.  It was a real cliff hanger. I checked to see if there were any cats out there and there was just the one small yellow cat. I put some food out for that one and came in here to finish the day's blog before I go to bed.

No comments: