Monday, July 20, 2020

Monday and Trimming

I slept very well last night and got up after 5:00AM and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I have had my oatmeal and juice and am working on my coffee now.

When I opened the front door this morning there was no Scruffie nor either of her kitten...just two yellow cats. I took the food out for them and they ate their fill and then Scruffie and the yellow kitten were there too. I don't see the black one. When I see Scruffie I almost always see the kittens too.  I wonder what has happened to the black kitten now.

I have an e-mail from Gay this morning asking me to to call her when I have the time to visit. It was sent last night after I was in bed asleep. It's too early now at 6:30AM but I will call her in an hour or so.  I have just texted Bob but have not heard back from him yet. Yes, I did. My notifications are not working for some reason.

I charged the trimmer yesterday evening. Krystal offered to trim for me but the charge was down. I plugged it in and later that evening it was charged but by then it was too dark to trim. I will do it after a while. The yard looks nice after Kaylie, Krystal's youngest daughter,  mowed yesterday afternoon.


I have watched the news until time to call Gay back. She wants me to come up for lunch tomorrow and since it's been awhile since I have done that, I will go up to Chanute tomorrow.  I had nothing planned for tomorrow anyhow and I always enjoy her company.

I want to trim (edge) the yard when the grass dries.

More later...

I got the hedge trimmed and swept it up and the edging finished too. Now I am exhausted. And my back hurts. I had better sit down with a drink of peach tea and rest.

More again later.

I had a frozen meal and an ice cream bar for my lunch. Then I sat down to watch TV and rest. I watched several episodes of "Dr. G, Medical Examiner" and rested and recovered. It's 90 degrees out there and I probably should have waited until evening to do those  chores but now they are done and I am rested and fine now.

It's 1:37PM now. I may get back to my Kindle book. That's one of the ones I get free from Amazon with my membership.

I am going to Chanute tomorrow to visit my friend, Gay. That's what she wanted when she contacted me.

Marilyn Rutledge texted me about game day on Wednesday and I told her I planned to be there. I plan to pick up a pie at The Shed at Tyro on my way over there Wednesday and use that for my treat for the group. There are usually only four of us for game day.The Amish bake those pies and they are terrific. I have bought them on several occasions for other occasions...usually Thanksgiving or Christmas or just for a dessert for John and Leslie and me when they have me out for lunch.

More later....

I took my bath at 7:00PM and plan to go to bed at  9:00PM or so. I will read for awhile first.

No comments: