Thursday, August 20, 2020

Thursday and Cleaning Day

I slept well last night again. I did get up once in the night to go to the bathroom but that's just par for the course at my age.

I fed at least four cats/kittens this morning and they are all finished now and gone. I left the double dish out there just in case I missed someone.

I have had my oatmeal and coffee and even a breakfast bar. In a little while I will start my cleaning. I will vacuum the den first this time. I will vacuum while commercials are going. That gives me 6 minutes each time they break for commercial. Eventually it will get done and I won't miss the news either.

I tried to stay up to watch the Democrat convention last night but just couldn't do it.

More later....

I got the bare floors, kitchen and bathroom and front foyer,  mopped while the commercials were on. I also got the den vacuumed. At the next group of commercials I will vacuum the hall and bedroom. Then I will get to the living room. I usually leave the dining room until last since I have to pull those four heavy chairs into the living room to do that one. I might even leave the dining room until tomorrow. I have done that before.

More later...

I got the rest of the apartment vacuumed  during the next two commercial breaks. All I need to do now is dust. I may get that done today or maybe save it for tomorrow. I vacuum every Thursday and yet there is always a lot of dirt in the tank when I empty it. I can't figure where that comes from. Suzanne had the carpet cleaned before I moved in. Yet every time I vacuum there is a wad of dirt in the tank. I leave my shoes at the door so I can't figure it out.

More later....

I went into settings on my phone and finally found why I hadn't been getting notifications from my brother-in-law on my phone.  I finally found how to  fix it and had him test it. It worked! I did finally get his notifications!

I did dust the den this afternoon. I will do the other rooms tomorrow. I would like to get a small can of stain and stain the window sill in the bathroom.

More later...

I ate one of my new frozen meals of meatloaf and potatoes and had an ice cream bar for dessert.

I read some of the afternoon and played a game or two of  FreeCell. Suzanne came and brought me papers and I read them too.

I fed one of the yellow cats awhile ago too. He has been the only one here this afternoon. It is 4:55PM now. At 5:30PM, I will watch the CBS news.

I called Nancy this afternoon to see how she was doing and she was doing well. She had her hair done this afternoon and had taken a nap after that.

More later....

I got the living room dusted well this evening. I will do the bedroom and dining room tomorrow.  I have wiped down the kitchen cabinets and bathroom cabinets.

It's after 6:00PM now and I will play FreeCell until time to take my bath. And I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

No comments: