Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Tuesday and Check on Nancy

Nancy's cousin, Dale, and his wife, Gina, will be gone today to Wichita to visit grandchildren and they asked me to check in on Nancy mid-morning. I don't really think that is necessary but I told them I would. I told Nancy we would go somewhere today and eat out. She had her cousin sell her car so she is stuck at home unless someone takes her somewhere. We may go to Sam's in Independence.  I will check with her.

I slept well last night and woke up twice in the night to go to the bathroom but got right back to sleep.

I don't have a plan for today except to take Nancy somewhere to eat. I would like to stop at the kids' and see the puppies but will need to check with John before we do that.

I need to check and see if there are cats and kittens out front that want to have breakfast. So, more later...

The entire crew were out there for their breakfasts. Scruffie and both her kittens and two yellow cats too. I took the double dish out and also both blue dishes and one square one. That may eliminate them fighting over the food.

More later...

All the cats/kittens have eaten and are gone now. I brought in the dishes and I got my outside plants watered and deadheaded and took my kitchen trash out to the curb..... just some little chores I needed to get finished.

I have been watching the CBS news this morning. In about 30 Minutes I will try to raise Nancy to see if she wants to go out of town for lunch.  We won't go until 11:30AM but I need to see if she is up to going before that.

Well, I called Nancy  to see if she wanted to go to Ane Maes in Independence for lunch and she is sick to her stomach again and can't get away from the bathroom..so I guess it will be another day....perhaps Thursday.... if she is alright by then. She has a time with her stomach.

Tomorrow is game day at the senior center. I would take her to that if she was well by then.

More later...

Gina called me to see if I was going to check on Nancy again. I thought maybe later in the morning she might be feeling better. I know she needs to get out of the house. It's tragic that she had Dale sell her car because now she really is stuck at home. She was going to have to get her driver's license renewed, get her registration and taxes on it paid and her tag sticker. Also she was going to have to renew her insurance and pay it. I think that was just too much for her to even consider. So she decided to get rid of the car and now she regrets it since she is stuck at home.

I will check with Nancy and see if  she got to feeling better and might want to go to lunch.

She was feeling fine so we decided to go to Independence and eat at Ane Mae"s.  Then we will see if John will let us come out and see the puppies.

When I started to drive over to Nancy's, I couldn't find my car key.  I always leave it on the desk top by the back door. It was not there. Luckily I had an extra. I will look for the original key when I get back home.

That worked out. We had a nice lunch and then looked around the mall and then went out to John and Leslie's to see the puppies. We had a  chance to hold the little critters. They are only four days old. There are four males and only one female.

Then he took us over to Fisherman John's building to see all his art work. Then after that we went up to the house and Leslie gave Nancy a tour of their house.

I then took Nancy home. Leslie had an appointment in Bartlesville that she needed to get to.

When I got home I started looking for the lost key. I figured it was in the pants I wore yesterday. I looked there and it was not there. I went through the last two pair I had worn. Not there at all. I looked through all the drawers in the apartment. Didn't find the key. Then I emptied my purse...not here either. I sat down to watch some TV (Amazon Prime "Dr. G" programs) Suddenly I thought of the recliner I was sitting in. I turned it over and there on the carpet was the lost key! It must have been in my right front pocket and sitting in the recliner had made it slip out of the pocket into the crack next to the cushion onto the floor under the recliner..

I was so glad I found it!

More later...

I watched the CBS news and it's 6:30PM now so I will take my bath and then watch some more Amazon Prime TV.

So more later...

I took my bath at 7:00PM and watched a couple of "Dr. G" TV shows on Amazon Prime. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM. Bob and I are going to breakfast in the morning at 7:00AM. 

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Well, glad you found it. I lose things and am almost sick til I locate them.