Thursday, August 27, 2020

Thursday and Cleaning Day

I slept well last night and got up shortly after 5:00AM, dressed and checked my e-mail. Then I came into the kitchen and fixed my oatmeal and coffee.

After I got that done I opened the front door to five cats/kittens waiting for their breakfast. I took out the double dish and the two blue bowls and a square one so each one would have their own bowl. The kittens share one.

I have checked my checking account and balanced my checkbook.

I will begin my cleaning soon. I am still drinking my chai. Again, I will clean while the commercials are on. I can't stand the commercials. They are way too frequent and repetitious. I will start with the bare floors and mop them.

So more later...

I got the bare floors mopped and they are drying now. At the next group of commercials, I will vacuum the bedroom and halls.

Last of all I will do the living room and den. I leave the dining room until the very last because I have to move those heavy chairs out of the  dining room. I don't try to pick them up....I just drag them over the carpet. I am not supposed to lift more then 10 pounds.

So, more later.

I got everything vacuumed except the dining room. I took the sweeper apart and wiped all the parts down and washed the filters. They are supposed to dry for 24 hours so I will do the dining room and dust everything tomorrow after they are all dry. And I am tired too.

Before I went to bed last night, I re-numbered all the classmates on my classmates list to reflect the three that died that were reported this week. Then I added their names to my deceased classmates list.

More later...

I went out to Dollar General and bought my ice cream bars. After I had my chicken pot pie for lunch,  I ate one.

Then I began reading my latest book that came this morning in the mail. It is called "Hoax and Donald Trump, Fox News, and the Dangerous Distortion of Truth" and talks about the bad influence Fox News and Sean Hannity have on Donald Trump. and vice versa. The president watches six hours of Fox News on TV every day. It is marked off his calendar as "Executive Time".

It is written by Brian Stelter of CNN fame. Prior to joining CNN in 2013, Stelter was a media reporter at The New York Times. His first book, New York Times best seller "Top of the Morning" inspired the Apple TV + drama "The Morning Show". He is a consulting producer on the series. He is also the executive producer of the HBO documentary "After Truth: Disinformation and the Cost of Fake News." Hoax exposes the media personalities who, though morally bankrupt, profit outrageously by promoting the president's propaganda and radicalizing the American right.

I have been reading all evening and took my bath awhile back. At 9:00PM, I will go on to bed.  It is a little after 8:00PM now.

No comments: