Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Tuesday and Another Boring Day

I slept fairly well last night and got up about 5:00AM.  I have been catching my check book up and have not eaten my breakfast yet. I will go do that now that it's 6:15AM. I have made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day.

I will get back to this after I have my breakfast and coffee. I am even feeding five cats/kittens. Scruffie and her two kittens are out there and Big Yellow Tom and the yellow adolescent cat. I will need to get more cat food today. 

I will pick up Bob for breakfast in the morning. That always gives us a chance to catch up. He said the buffet at Cherryvale on Sunday was full of people. I hope they didn't sit too close together.

I have been watching the CBS news and there is lots of repetition.  I get tired of watching them go over and over the same news.

I have watered and deadheaded the flowers in the outdoors pots. I see the hummingbirds are back at the feeder. They have really gone through that hummingbird food I have put in there.

More even later...


This is the Montgomery County count of the virus up to date. I see the county is up to 208 cases now.

I went over to Nancy's about 10:30AM and called her from my car. Then when she didn't answer, I rang the doorbell...twice.  I was just heading back to my car when she came to the door. I took her the book she wanted to read. She wanted me to come in and visit. Gina was there seeing to her lunch but she wanted me to stay too. So I did. Gina and Nancy asked me to stay for lunch so I did. Gina fixed a nice lunch.  After she left, I was going to leave again. but Nancy was as lonely for a visitor and I was too so I stayed all afternoon.

When I finally got home I watched some news and then downloaded an old movie on Amazon Prime Nancy and I had talked about. It was "The Insider". If I recall correctly, it won the Oscar it it's day. It had been years since I had seen it so I stayed up later and watched it again.. It was the story of a scientist who worked for a tobacco company that had exposed that they added chemicals to cigarettes that made nicotine even more addictive. He exposed that to 60 Minutes., the Sunday evening news show.  I really enjoyed the evening. I should have brought Nancy over to see it but she wanted to start reading the book I loaned her so I didn't ask her..

After the movie was over, I took my bath and went to bed.



No comments: