Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Tuesday and Nothing New

 I slept very well last night and was up at 5:00AM as usual. The unusual thing is that I didn't wake up all night. 

I have had my oatmeal, breakfast bar and coffee. I am out of Chai Latte. It is on my grocery list for tomorrow in Coffeyville. along with four or five other things. I will wait to go to Walmart until I am ready to come back home..after Bunco. I need some frozen meals. I think I only have one left, I believe. Schwan's will be coming on Thursday with my chicken pot pies...my favorites.  

When I opened the front door this morning I had four cats/kittens waiting for their breakfast. One of them was Scruffie and she spit and boxed at one of the others to get them away from the dish she wanted.  Grouchy old thing! I believe there is just one left out there now.

I have nothing in particular on my schedule to do today. I did laundry yesterday and I will clean Thursday and Friday. Of course, tomorrow is Bunco at Coffeyville's senior center and first I will get my hair done and get my gas and perhaps wash my car.. I don't know whether Bob will want to meet me for breakfast or not. I would like to get a pedicure but I may have to wait until next week to do that..after I get my social security. I am running a little low on cash. Luckily I did not have to pay to have my yard mowed since it cooled down and the grass didn't grow much. And last week John mowed for me with his mower which was self propelled. If I hadn't had my eye appointment I would be in better shape financially. But I did need new contacts. I had been having to use readers to read.

More later...

I am waiting for the CBS news now. It is only 7:25AM and it comes on at 8:00AM.

Well, I watched the CBS news but I didn't learn anything I didn't already know. Trump was being foolhardy last evening telling everyone not to be afraid of the virus and not to let it rule their lives. Tell that to the survivors who have had a family member die alone... strangling on the water from their own body's response from their own immune systems....drowning in the results. I believe we should do anything possible to be careful around others..wear masks, stay at least 6 feet away from anyone else.  Certainly we should not walk into a room with several others there who are not wearing masks. 

The president has been foolhardy with his own health and certainly very foolhardy with the health of the 19 others he has come in contact with who are now testing positive. It just goes to show he is only concerned about his own self...and his political campaign. I wonder how his wife and family are doing...not a word about them..or any of the others he has infected. It's all about him...as usual. he doesn't know the meaning of the word "compassion".

Oh well, you can't teach an old dog new tricks...

I called just before noon and learned that the doctor's office is giving flu shots this afternoon and tomorrow morning. I will get mine tomorrow mid morning after my hair appointment. I texted Bob about them and he seemed to already know. He already got his.

More later..

The top US General, General Mark Milley,  and several members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff   are quarantining after a top Coast Guard official tested positive for the coronavirus according the several US defense officials.

The vice commandant of the US Coast Guard, Admiral Charles Ray, tested positive on Monday.  

And so it spreads... 

I went up to Independence  this afternoon and bought some groceries. I was out of several vital things.

It is 4:00 PM now and I might go watch the local Tulsa news....not that I care how many murders they are up to now. They might touch on something interesting. 

More later... 

 

 Image may contain: plant, outdoor and nature

My flowerbed is looking kind of wild.  Next year I will be more careful what I plant.

At 7:00PM, I watched the Toronto church service which was an explanation of the 19th century mindset when the Book of Mormon came out. 

Soon after that was over, I took my bath and was in bed by 9:00PM.

4 comments:

Kay said...

It’s just all so pathetic. You’ve said it all so beautifully, Margie.

Margie's Musings said...

It is pathetic! I have been a lifelong Republican but never vote the ticket. I am fussy who I vote for. I voted for Obama twice. I thought he did a good job as president. He was always respectful. Something I can't say about the present one.

During the debate, if I had been Biden, I would have simply walked off the stage when Trump started shouting like he did.

Galla Creek said...

Now,I think he has gone nuts. The steroid shot probably did it. He went from get stimulus done to stop no stimulus. Totally nuts.

Margie's Musings said...

He is counting on his reelection because the stimulus is so badly needed. That strategy may backfire on him.