Saturday, October 10, 2020

Saturday and a Quiet Day

I slept well last night and was up at 5:00AM as usual. I have dressed and made my bed and had my breakfast. I just fed all five cats too. 

I have everything caught up except to bake my cake for Tuesday, I will bake that, ice it and freeze it today since I have nothing else that needs to be done. The apartment is so clean it sparkles. I even went over everything with cleaning wipes.

I checked my bank account this morning and balanced my checkbook.

I may read today. I have one of Amazon's free books that I have only started.

There is thick fog this morning just like Wednesday morning. It is 6:35AM and still pitch black out there.

More later...

 

537 cases and 125 active. And this is just Montgomery County Kansas.

I have my cake in the oven and it is nearly done. I will let it cool when I take it out and then ice it and freeze it for Tuesday. Tuesday will be pretty busy. I will go over to Coffeyville to pick up the other three cakes and take them to Independence to the First Christian Church. 

Then I will stop by their Walmart and buy the few things on my list and then come home to roll up that den rug and drag it into the living room. Then I will take the dining room chairs out and the decorative accessories that set on the floor and put them in the living room too. That will leave the table, server and roll top desk for them to move out.

They will be here early Wednesday and probably be here all day laying that flooring. Suzanne will be here to help. I will be in Coffeyville all morning that day and when I come home Suzanne wants me to go over to Nancy's instead of coming home until they finish.

More later...my cake timer is beeping. I need to test it and get it out of the oven to cool on a rack.

O.K. It is out and cooling. In about 15 minutes it should be cool and I can ice it.  After that, I will put the clear cover on it and put it in the freezer.

So more even later...

I got the cake cooled and iced and in the freezer. One less chore to do. I also watched my regular Saturday morning CBS program, "Lucky Dog". I don't watch much TV unless it's something I have recorded like Dateline and 20/20. I do watch the CBS news..especially the evening news and the Saturday morning CBS news. Then I watch "Lucky Dog" on Saturday morning at 10:00.  The two programs on Sunday morning about vets. When "Bull" was on, I watched that. I don't know whether it made it to another season or not. Mostly I read.  I am not impressed with today's programming...too much violence.

More later...

I went by Nancy's and called and even rang the doorbell but I couldn't raise her. I don't know what her problem is unless she goes to sleep and sleeps too hard to hear the phone. I was going up to Walmart in Independence to get my frozen food and a couple of other things I needed and thought she might like to go along for the ride and it was a lovely day. So I went on by myself. I bought her some bananas because she said yesterday that she was out. But once again, I called and ran by but couldn't raise her.  So I bagged them up in one of the green frig bags with a paper towel in the bag and put a twistee on it. Then I put both hers and mine in my frig in the drawers.

I turned on the TV but nothing was on any of my channels except college football and I wasn't interested.

So I am in here blogging. and reading my e-mail.

More later.

I called Nancy again finally got her and I told her I had bought her some bananas. She wanted me to come over. She had been sick this morning and slept all morning and half the afternoon. So I took them over to her and stayed and visited until 6:30PM when I came home and took my bath.

When I got home I had three cats/kittens waiting for their supper so I fed them too. I had had a banana before I went over to Nancy's. I am still full from that.

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

5 comments:

Donna. W said...

You commented on my blog that you didn't know what your son-in-law finds in your blog of interest because you feel you have "a dull life". Well, most of us "older folks" live a pretty dull life. I don't have the energy to do many exciting things, and we don't have the kind of income to travel much. But when I read blogs like yours, it's like talking across the fence with a neighbor. I like to see how many cats show up to be fed. God knew you wanted a cat but can't have one where you live, so He sent you cats galore that you don't HAVE to take care of, but you don't want to think about them being hungry, so you feed them.

I found your blog on one of the blogs of the Arkansas sisters, before Patsy died. I enjoyed her feisty spirit so much! There was a link on one of their blogs to your blog. At first what interested me was that you lived near my brother-in-law, so I thought I might see something local and learn more about the area so when we went to visit him, I'd know a few things about his town. He died a couple of years ago, so I've lost that connection with you, but as I say, you are one of my Internet neighbors I visit from time to time. I sort of like a smooth, quiet life. You have a pattern to your days, very organized.

Galla Creek said...

Kansas is one of the better states concerning the virus. Arkansas has a Republican governor. We haven’t done nearly as well. Each day now we have over a 1000 new cases.
This is 26 deaths in one day!
26 deaths among people with confirmed cases and one person with a probable case, according to the breakdown provided by the Arkansas Department of Health. The number of total cases went up 1,167. The net number of people hospitalized with COVID-19 in the state went up by 13. Arkansas now has 560 people with coronavirus in the hospital, a new state record. There are 7,468 known active cases of the virus in Arkansas.

Kay said...

I hope Nancy is OK.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank for your kind words Donna. I also follow Sister-Threes comments here. Thank you both for visiting my blog.

Margie's Musings said...

I also follow Kay's blog. Now there is a blog with lots of activity going on.