Friday, December 11, 2020

Friday and Dusting

 I will get the dusting done today...other then that, everything is pretty much done. I don't know whether it rained last night or not..it was forecast and it was forecast for all day today too. 

I got up at 5:00AM after sleeping well with only one bathroom break all night. I got myself ready for the day and even had my breakfast already. I will eat a breakfast bar and drink my Chai Latte now too. After that, I will turn on the TV and watch the "weather on the 8's". Finally I will check out the cats.

I even balanced my checkbook already this morning....and it balanced. All but one check has cleared the bank. I seldom use checks. I just use my debit card.

It's almost 6:00AM and soon I will also need to text Bob and see if he is up and alright.

So, more later...

I did reach Bob and he was fine and had slept well.

I also got all four cats fed. And yes, it is raining a little now. It was so light I was able to take the cat food out through the garage.

Scruffie finished hers and both others have left except for the siblings. They are staying close to the door which is dry. I brought in Scruffie's empty dish and filled their water dish.

I have turned on the channel 6 news now. I didn't wait for the weather after I saw that it was raining as forecast.

More later...

I watched a video that explained five things we commonly eat that impact our memories as we age. They are commonly found in many of our foods. One is MSG, two is Aspartame, an artificial sweetener, three is sucrous (or Splenda) fourth is docetal which is found in microwave popcorn. The fifth is Aluminum which is found in many foods. 

Halfway through the afternoon I decided to go to independence and Christmas shop. I got all the local people bought for now and the gifts are wrapped and in the living room floor. Then I got home and fed the cats....all but Scruffie...she wasn't around and I didn't leave her food. She would have had to fight for it. While I was at Orchelan's I bought cat food too.

When I got home I also went out to Dollar General and bought wrapping paper and ribbons.

And when I got home I also wrapped gifts using everything I had bought. That's a good start on Christmas. The kids are coming over here Christmas Eve for treats and we will open our gifts then. I may make my peanut clusters and Apple Brown Betty with vanilla ice cream. I'll get some Braham's eggnog too. It's the best.

I have had my bath and am ready for bed at 9:00PM. I think I recorded the CBS news this evening. I will check that out now. If I did, I will watch it before I go to bed.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Well, I don’t use things that have those five, except aluminum and I’m not about that.

Margie's Musings said...

Me either. I must be safe.