Thursday, December 10, 2020

Thursday and Cleaning Day

 This is my traditional cleaning day. I usually vacuum during commercials while watching TV.

I slept off and on last night. My sinus' were draining  and I got up several times to blow my nose. Finally I got up close to 6:00AM. I do not feel rested today...too many sleep interruptions. It's 32 degrees this morning and it's nearly 7:00AM now.

I have had my breakfast  and even a breakfast bar. In a little bit I will go turn on the TV to catch the "weather on the 8s" and then open the door to see how many cats are out there waiting for their breakfast.

So, more later... 

There were four cats out there ...including Scruffie waiting for her Meow Mix. The next time I go to Independence or Coffeyville I will need to buy the cat food Leslie brought me. It's a lot cheaper and all the cats eat it except Scruffie. I buy Meow Mix for her. It has tender centers. I see she has eaten all of hers already. The other three are still eating.

I will begin vacuuming soon. I need to get the vacuum out of the closet. I start with washing the bare floors..then vacuum. It takes me an hour to finish...small as the apartment is. Dusting takes longer.

More later...  

I went out to Dollar General and bought some Coffeemate for my coffee. I can't drink it black.

I got all the bare floors scrubbed and all the carpets vacuumed. All I need to do now is dust and I will do that this afternoon. It's 9:45AM at this point. 

It's 12:00Noon now and I have the apartment all cleaned up and am waiting for the mail. I just had one of my frozen meals for lunch.

More even later... 

It's 2:15PM now  and I have been listening to Alexa playing Kenny Rogers music and playing FreeCell on the laptop. It's a beautiful day and I should see if Nancy would like to take a drive. She no longer has a car and it's the last of a beautiful day since it's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. Yes, she wants to get out again while the weather is pretty.

Be back later... 

Nancy had been to the beauty shop and was dressed and eager to get out so I went right over to pick her up. She had been invited to Dale and Gina's for supper but was game to go up to Independence on such a pretty day. We went to the Dairy Queen and she bought a grape drink and bought me a small Blizzard.  We had a good visit on the way back to Caney. She was not having any problems with her arthritis and was very glad to get out of the house again.  

When I got home all four of the cats were there wanting their suppers so I fed them. I watched the CBS news at 5:30PM and later at 7:00PM, I took my bath. I had downloaded another book so I read until 10:00PM when I took my two melatonin tables and went on to bed.  I had had a productive day and the apartment was clean.

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

I always look for your "kitty report". Blue went for a walk with me and Gabe yesterday, as usual, but he didn't want to follow us back to the house. I called, but he was determined to explore the edge of the woods. I figured he must know his way to the house after walking with us several times, so Gabe and I came to the house. Three hours later we still hadn't seen him, and I called to no avail. So we went for a second walk and found the silly cat in the same area where we'd left him. This time he followed us home.

Margie's Musings said...

That's good! I would be afraid some animal had got him. That would be tragic!!