Saturday, December 12, 2020

Saturday and a Possible Trip to Woolaroc

This will be an unusual day if it works out. Last evening Gina, the wife of Nancy's cousin, called to invite me to go with them to see the spectacular lights at Woolaroc near Bartlesville.  I had wanted to go down there to see those lights but did not want to drive clear to Woolaroc in the dark by myself. It's a drive through tour of the lighted grounds. Dale and Gina are going to take Nancy and have invited me along too. I hope she's up to it. I volunteered to drive over to Nancy's and save them having to drive over here to my apartment. I am to be there at 5:00PM. Gina said we would pick up a hamburger on the way down for our supper.

I want to get my dusting done today. After I decided to Christmas shop late last afternoon, I spent the rest of the evening wrapping gifts and putting them in the living room. It was such a last minute decision, I didn't even remember to record the CBS evening news. 

I was up at 5:00AM, as usual. I slept pretty well and only woke up once during the night. I have had my breakfast and got myself ready for the day. I will go now to watch the "weather on the 8s" .

I saw the weather on TV and then opened the front door to find four cats ready for  their breakfasts, One of them was Scruffie. She didn't come for supper last night so she was really hungry this morning. I fed all four of them but she was the only one with Meow Mix. The others don't really care. They eat whatever they're fed. 

I checked my bank account and also my Amazon Chase card. The refund on the electric ice crusher finally came through on the Amazon account.  My bank account balanced too.

After the news, I will dust the apartment. I have put it off long enough.

So more later...

I got the apartment dusted. And now I am free to watch the news and "Lucky Dog" one of my favorite programs. It doesn't come on until 10:00AM and so I have awhile to read. It's only 8:50AM. After the cats finished eating, I went out and brought the bowls into the garage.

I downloaded the latest version of Glary Utilities on the notebook. It cleans up my computers. I use the free version and have ever since the early 90s. I have it on all three computers. I try to remember to use it every week but sometimes I forget.

I should do all three computers while I am waiting for the news to go off.

I ran the program and then downloaded the latest version on all three computers. Then I ran it again with the new versions.

More later...I will go watch the news again and then "Lucky Dog".


Image may contain: indoor 

My first six Christmas gifts wrapped. I did this last night.

I had one of my Schwan's pizzas for my lunch. It was o.k. I had some of my Crystal Light punch with it.

Gina called me awhile ago to tell me Nancy is not feeling well again today and does not want to go to Woolaroc after all. She felt fine this morning but when Gina went back for lunch, she was feeling terrible. So we won't be going to Woolaroc after all. I am disappointed but I can certainly understand the situation. So I will stay home and stay in. It's cold anyhow today. We are forecast for snow tomorrow. It won't break my heart if we don't get it.

I will read in my new book. More later...

Suzanne brought Brandon and me some of her banana nut bread and I took his over to his small mailbox. He didn't answer the doorbell when I rang it so I left him a note on the small mailbox and hung the banana nut bread in a sack with handles on it on that small mailbox. When I went to get my mail at the curb mailbox, I noticed it was gone so he must have eventually come to the door and found the sack.

It was very good!

I notice the Chronicle has announced that the "boil water" notice has been rescinded now for Caney. Thank goodness!! 

After I watched the CBS news, I took my bath and read until 10:00PM when I finished the book and went on to bed.


 

1 comment:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Isn't annoying to have to boil water to use. We have lived in this house for about 40 years, and I've lived within 2 miles of where I do now for my entire life and it has just been in the past two or three years it seems we have boil orders 2 or 3 times a year. I guess all of the old pipes are wearing out, but several times it has been due to mistakes during a construction project somewhere in the area. My nearby friend and I make sure to email/call each other whenever we hear the news of it. Several times I have already had a glass of water when I first woke up to take my thyroid pill, and then found out there was a boil order. I figure I was safe because there was already more than a cup's worth of water in our house pipes.