Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Wednesday and Breakfast With Bob

 It's 5:30AM now and I will feed the cats next, watch the "weather on the 8s" and then leave to go pick up Bob for breakfast. I've had coffee and Chai Latte but I won't eat my usual oatmeal since I will have a good sized breakfast with Bob at 7:00AM.

Then I will go fill up my car with gas, wash it and go out to Walmart for a few things. I need Chai Latte again and I need to make a list of what else I need.

I got my Christmas cards out yesterday so I need stamps again. Then I will go get my hair done.

So more later... 

Bob insisted on paying for breakfast this time...for my birthday, he said. We also had a good visit. Afterward, I went out to Woodshed and bought my gas and then to Walmart  for the things I needed. I then got my hair done.Then I dropped by Karan's and took her my old newspapers so she could take then to the animal shelter. Then I went to the car wash and washed my car and wiped it down with paper towels. I went by the car wash on eighth street and vacuumed it out.

Then I came on back home.  I stopped at the Caney post office and bought my stamps before going back to the apartment. Two cats were waiting for me but they will have a long wait since I fed them this morning. Scruffie wasn't one of them. She missed her breakfast.

I got an e-mail from the outfit that sent me the electric ice crusher that didn't work.They wanted me to remove my negative review of it. I sent them an e-mail and told them I still did not have my refund so I would not. I checked my Amazon Chase credit card balance and it was not in there yet.

More later....I think I will go out to Sonic and get the child's Wacky Pack for my lunch. At $2.18 I can hardly go wrong. The Methodist Church will be bringing my supper this evening. I will give them a donation.

More even later... 

I bought my first Christmas gift today and it was my daughter's. Now I only have John and the little girls and Sage and Jeromy and Marlene to go. Those are the ones in the immediate area that I don't have to worry about sending in the mail. I usually put mine in Leslie's package to Sage. And I know what I will get each of the rest of them. I don't believe we will have a Christmas dinner this year. Leslie will be on call. I could have them over Christmas Eve for treats. I always make peanut clusters and can make a fancy bread and some sort of punch. I will think about that.

I had the nice supper from the Methodist Church here in Caney. It was delivered to my home. It was boned chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, a hot roll and three cookies.  I fixed some of my punch for a drink.

I see by the Chronicle that a water main broke over on Spring, just east of here and we are all now under a boil water order because of bacteria in the water. Caney has horrible water even under the best conditions but now I am going to have to use my bottled water or boil some every day. It probably isn't safe to even do my dishes in it. I wonder how long it will take them to get it fixed.

I also see by the Chronicle that the Caney grocery store is nearing completion and should be open the last of December.  That will be a welcome thing.  They have a new million dollar swimming pool but the priority was not a grocery store. They are interviewing for employees now.

I was going to read all evening but my Kindle is charging and it takes hours to recharge. So I watched a couple of episodes of Dateline that I had recorded and after my bath, I went on to bed.

No comments: