Monday, December 14, 2020

Monday and Laundry

I slept well last night and only woke up one time to go to the bathroom and have  a drink of water. I was up at 5:00AM as usual and doing laundry. I had a text from Scott this morning. He is going to attend Ashley's graduation from her nurses training in Savannah.  

I have had my breakfast and have my laundry in the dryer. I have been checking my e-mail and answering some of it. I haven't had the TV on yet or even checked the cats out. I will do that now though and then get back to this.

Sure enough, all four cats were out there  waiting for their breakfast. I went out through the garage to feed them. They are eating like they hadn't eaten in a week. 

I see we still have a little snow on the ground.

I have the weather on now. I will leave it on until I see the
"weather on the 8s". 

I went out to see why Scruffie was not eating her own food. One of the yellow cats was eating out of her bowl. I chased him off and started picking up her food. It had been spilled all over the little flower bed. 

I did the best I could and then just brought her food in. She can eat the new food or just go hungry. The others have run off now. She and the siblings are the only ones left out there now. It's 21 degrees out there now...very cold for them.

More later... 

They all have left now...hopefully to find some kind of shelter. It's 27degrees out there. 

I went out to Dollar General and bought a few necessary things. I couldn't find a graduation card. I will look for one Wednesday at Walmart. Ashley is graduating mid term from her nurse's training and will be getting a job as soon as she can get her license. She will have to work as a nurse for a year before she can go on with her college. She hopes to be  a nurse anesthetist some day like Ginger was. Ginger got her doctorate and now teaches it.    

It's 10:45 now and I am already hungry.  That happens when you are up at 5:00AM.

I waited until 1:39PM to eat my frozen lunch. Then I read all afternoon on my new book. When I got my mail I had a Christmas letter from Myra. She had moved and I didn't have her new address so hadn't been able to send her a Christmas card. I had a nice newsy letter so I wrote her a Christmas letter and put it in a Christmas card.

Mid afternoon I texted Keith. It had been awhile since I had heard from him. He has been working in the office for several months. He used to work at home some of the time after the pandemic started to get worse.

I texted and asked him if I could call him this evening but he evidently didn't have his personal phone with him. I called him at home this evening and we talked quite awhile until Esther came home and they left for their walk.

Then I took my bath and later had Alexa play some Kenny Rogers music while I worked on my blog. 

I will go back to my book in awhile and then plan to watch "Bull" at 9:00PM. Then I will go to bed. 

No comments: