Monday, December 21, 2020

Monday and No Lunch Out

I woke up pretty early this morning. I had gone to bed at 8:30PM. So I was up around 4:00AM this morning and stripped my bed to do laundry. I also washed my towels and underwear and PJs. Everything is in the dryer now. I remade the bed after I stripped it. I have had my oatmeal and am now working on my coffee. 

I also checked my e-mail. There was nothing more from classmates and I am up to five pages on it now. This may be a shorter newsletter than usual. I would like to get it off right after the first of the year. Last year was later then usual because I had Leslie's office print it off for me. The woman had priority work for Four County to do first. She is going to do it again this year.

I told Nancy on Friday that if she was up to it we would go out for lunch today. It will depend on how she feels and if she's ready by noon. You never know with Nancy.

I guess I will go watch "the weather on the 8s" and the news when it comes on and drink my Chai Latte. 

So more later...it will be interesting to see if those cats are hungry enough to eat that kitten/cat food I opened last evening. I had forgotten to ask Leslie which cat food she had bought for me.

So, more later...

Sure enough I had all four cats out there waiting for me to feed them. They seem to be fine with the kitten/cat food I bought.  That's two blond cats, Inky, the black one, and Scruffie who  is grey with some white mixed in. I had to go out with a paper towel and remove a slug from the rim of the water dish. Ugh! 

The dryer just went off so I will go fold and put away the laundry if it's dry. 

Everything was not quite dry yet so I put all of it back in except the bottom sheet and started the dryer again. I folded it and put it away. Putting the towels in with the sheets makes drying everything harder.

I have been watching the CBS news and finally got hold of the pharmacies that are supposed to be giving   the Covid19 vaccinations.  I called both Walgreens and CVS Pharmacies and both told me that even though I was 85 years old they were only giving the vaccinations to those in nursing homes. They told me the general public cannot get them for 40 to 90 days. So much for the CBS and NBC news. 

Also I called Nancy's and got Gina. Nancy was supposed to go to lunch with me today but Gina says she is not feeling well..she hurts all over. That must be her arthritis. So...that plan is off.

More later ....

I tried to call Nancy but she never answered so I went over to Nancy's and tried to call her but she still didn't answer so I just went out to Dollar General and bought some Silk. I was nearly out. This should hold me for awhile.

I had some Amy's  soup and crackers and cheese with punch for my lunch. Then I read all afternoon until I finished my book. I am charging my Kindle now and when it is charged, I will download another book.

That's what I did too.

I began the new book and read most of the afternoon.

At 4:30PM I turned on the news and then played some solitaire for awhile. At 6:45PM, I took my bath and at 8:30PM,I got ready for bed. 

I did go out to see the "Christmas Star"in the north west sky. It has been 800 years since the Mars and Venus have lined up that way to cause a very bright "star".

Just after then, Leslie contacted me and asked me to go to Bartlesville with her tomorrow  to buy groceries for Christmas dinner.

She also told me to invite Nancy for Christmas dinner. Dale and Gina may be gone to their grandchildren's for dinner and there will only be the three of us for Leslie's Christmas dinner. Evidently Jeromy, Marlene and the girls will be gone to Topeka for Christmas. I am having them over for Christmas Eve and we will open gifts then.

Then I contacted Suzanne and told her I would leave their gift in the small mailbox. She said it would be afternoon before she got by and she would leave something for me on the roof of my car. She has the landlord's garage door opener.

Then I went on to bed.

 

No comments: