Thursday, December 24, 2020

Thursday and Christmas Eve.

I slept pretty well last night and was up at 5:00AM. I fed four cats as well as myself. They are full and gone now so I will bring in the bowls. 

This is Christmas Eve and after the news is over I will make my Waldorf salad for tomorrow's dinner at John and Leslie's.  

This afternoon I will go over to Tyro and get the Amish cherry pie I ordered. Then this afternoon I will make the Apple Brown Betty I am serving this evening to the local part of my family. They will be over at 6:00PM for refreshments and gift opening.

I got the Waldorf salad made and will leave in a little bit to go over to Tyro and pick up the cherry pie. Then sometime after lunch, I will make the Apple Brown Betty for tonight.  I want to finish the vacuuming first. I still have the dining room rug to do and then I need to empty the vacuum sweeper. I got all that done and put away the vacuum sweeper. I have washed the two filters and will let them dry overnight. More later... 

I have the cherry pie for tomorrow in the frig. I made the Apple Brown Betty this afternoon and it will be served with vanilla ice cream and is covered with foil now and on the counter. I also have some Christmas napkins and Suzanne's baked goods to serve and also the eggnog. After we have dessert, we will open gifts.

Everything turned out well. The girls ate well and got everything for Christmas that they wanted. After we ate they passed out gifts for everyone. About 7:30PM they all left and  I did the dishes and got everything put away. Then I took my bath and I will read until bedtime. 

It was a productive day.

 

No comments: