Friday, February 12, 2021

Friday and Apartment Cleaning

 I went to bed last night at 8:30PM and I slept completely through the night without waking up once. It had been a horrendous day. Between being hacked and spending hours on the phone to Amazon and Cox Complete Care to get everything righted, the breaker being off when I was trying to do laundry and now the garage door being broken and my car trapped in the garage, it had been a horrendous day! 

This morning when I turned on the bathroom lights, one of those expensive curly shaped bulbs went out. Mr. Aaxcel will be over the first thing this morning to get my car out of the garage and then come back after after his already scheduled appointments to try to fix it. He thinks the chain has broken but I don't see a chain at all. Well the beauty of renting is that it is not my financial responsibility. I sure hate leaving my car outside in this weather though. It's a 2008 Honda Civic...certainly not new.

I had better go see what the "weather on the 8's" has to say.

I opened the front door to four cats this morning. Since it's so cold at 12 degrees they are very cold and won't stay long. I usually take their food out through the garage so they won't try to get into the apartment when I open the door. Now that the garage door is broken I couldn't do that this morning but they didn't know that and had rushed to the garage door anticipating my coming out that way. I was able to take their food out the front door. Inky and Blondie are the only ones still out there eating. Scruffie has eaten and gone back to her shelter.The others ate what they could quickly and went back to whatever shelter they have.  Inky and Blondie are still out there. They would like to have some water but their water is solid ice. They are licking the ice now....poor things. I don't know why they don't go find shelter.

With all that went wrong yesterday, I didn't get any cleaning done ...except for cleaning out that bathroom cabinet and the laundry after Steve and John suggested it might be a breaker that had kept the washer from coming on. That fixed that! So I will clean today instead. 

The garage door people came while I was mopping the bathroom floor. They called but my phone was in the living room. I thought I heard it so I called the number and sure enough they were on their way. I answered the door and let them in. It was the  spring alright. They managed to get the door open and I backed the car out. They are on their way to Parsons and will be back later in the day to replace the spring. I hope they can get it fixed so I can get my old car back in the garage.

Now, I am ready to begin vacuuming as soon as the commercials come back on. That way I won't miss the CBS news and I won't have to deal with the commercials. 

More later... I got the mopping and vacuuming finished and only have the dusting to do now. I will rest awhile first. I am always amazed at how much dirt that vacuum collects..especially since Suzanne had the carpets cleaned before I moved in and I leave my shoes on the rugs in front of the doors when I come in and I put the rugs through the fresh air cycle in the dryer every week when I clean. Oh well, it is what it is.

The news is off now and nothing worth watching is on TV now. I will read the new free book I downloaded from Amazon last night. Later, after I rest up, I will dust.

Speaking of last night. This morning the spammer called me back and as soon as he asked me, "Can you hear my voice, Miss?" I told him I wasn't going to talk to him anymore and hung up and blocked his number. He may just try another phone but I won't talk to him.

I need to go out to Dollar General and get a light bulb for that  bathroom fixture. When I plugged in the hair curler this morning, it blew.

That's my only errand to run but I am glad I have the car out of the garage and can use it. 

So more even later... I went out to Dollar General but they didn't have those 13 volt spiral light bulbs. So I just put the dead one back in the socket until I am able to go to Walmart and find them.

While I was walking back to my car, I looked down and saw a $20. bill laying on the ground. So I picked it up and put it  in my pocket. No one in there had reported losing one.

I stopped at the local garage and asked the boy working there to check my tires. They were all low and the icon on my dash was on. He seemed happy to help me that way.

I had had one of my frozen Schwan's meals for lunch and didn't know what to have for supper since I was out of bananas. I thought about making a trip to Independence this evening to get my ink cartridge and bananas but figured it would get dark before I could get back home so I just went out to Sonic and had a kids meal of a junior burger, fries and a coke. That filled me up.

It's 6:31PM now and soon I will take my bath and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM. There nothing on TV worth watching so I will probably go back to another free Amazon book and read until then.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Baby it’s cold outside is our February song. Being alone makes me so much more aware of all that can go wrong with only me to figure out what to do. I’ve got my water dripping. Don’t want dFrozen pipes.

Margie's Musings said...

I know what you mean, Sister Three...I live alone too. My boys live far away...Tennessee and Arizona...they do call every couple of weeks. I seldom hear from my daughter. She is so busy and has a lot of responsibilities. I know I could count on her and John is I had a problem. Luckily, I have very good health for age 85.

Kay said...

I'm sorry you're getting spammed so bad. We've had so many spam calls on our land and cellphone line. So irritating.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is, Kay. I hope Cox Complete Care has got my computers cleaned up now.