Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Tuesday and Ice Out

I slept very well and after hearing a dozen chirps as I was reading last evening. Then by the time I went to bed...not a peep.

I got up shortly before 6:00AM, got myself ready for the day and had my breakfast. 

When I checked the cat situation, I found two very cold hungry yellow cats. I fixed their food and when I took it out front I noticed it was slick as the proverbial snot. I had to be very careful taking that food out there. I could have broken my neck. They were so busy eating I was able to get back into the apartment through the front door. Thank goodness because it's 13 degrees out there.   None of the other three cats wanted to brave the elements for food.

More later... 

The cats ate as fast as they could and left. They also left a mess. One of them spilled the cat food from the little blue bowl. I got the broom and dust pan and cleaned it up. At 13 degrees out there, their feet would soon be frozen. I hope they found shelter in this freezing weather.

It's almost 8:00AM and the chirping is back in the bedroom area. I have looked everywhere in there and  have not been able to find it. I guess I will just have to hope he has a short lifespan. 

My new thermostat batteries stopped working last night and I could not tell what temperature it showed. This morning I put a couple more of new AA  batteries in it and it is working fine again.  Always something it seems. 

I texted Bob earlier this morning and he is sleeping much better now. He needed a new mattress. He bought one last month.

I read all afternoon and the cricket has been chirping all afternoon. I have moved my pillow and quilt over to the trundle under the daybed.

I will have to sleep on that trundle as long as the cricket is still chirping.

I am watching Bull...I recorded it last night.

I will take my bath at 7:00PM and read until I can get through this book and then go to bed after I finish it.  

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You may want to get with your landlord and have them spray for insects mom. That may kill that little pest!!