Thursday, February 11, 2021

Thursday and Some Cleaning Today and Lots of Problems

 What a night! It was a nightmare but I think I got through it. About 4:00AM this morning I contacted Cox Complete Care and Chris cleaned up the mess on all three computers. He said the "so called" Amazon guy I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone with last night was a spammer. He beat me out of $80.00 in gift cards pretending to be with Amazon security. I should have called Cox Complete Care to begin with.

I slept off and on until 3:30PM and since I was suspicious of the guy last night. I contacted Cox Complete Care. I had Chris go through all three computers and clean them up. I was only 10% sure the other guy was authentic after awhile. For one thing, he had a very hard to understand language voice. After the first hour my suspicions were correct. I changed the password on Amazon to keep him out of there. When and if he calls back this morning I will simply block him.

There are three cats out there for breakfast this morning. Inky,  Blondie and the neighbor's large yellow cat. I was able to get food for them out through the garage by being extremely careful. The ground is covered with ice. When it comes time to bring in the bowls, I will step out the front door and retrieve them.

I have had my breakfast but I am nearly out of everything for breakfast....oatmeal and milk and bananas and even printer's ink for my printer. I have some Schwan's meals and they are coming today with a delivery..if they can. We had no trash pickup Tuesday because of the ice. Debbie, at city hall, said when it's as cold as it is, they aren't able to start their trucks.

Inky's father is out there eating now too. Inky and Blondie are still out there too but they are finished eating. I haven't seen anything of Scruffie this morning either. I sure hope someone is feeding her.

It's16 degrees out there this morning. 

By the way, when I went in the bathroom to get myself ready for the day, the cricket began chirping again. I believe it may be in the bathroom cabinet. Later on this morning I will clean out that cabinet and see if I can find it there.

More later... 

I finally went out to the Dollar General Store and bought a few of the  groceries I needed.

And, oh yes..I got hold of my Amazon Chase Credit  card and got the present number deleted and the money refunded and in a couple of hours that's supposed to show up on my account. They will send me a new Amazon credit card with a new number. It will be a couple of days until I get that. They say that I will get it tomorrow but I will be amazed if it comes that soon. They are sending it by UPS if I remember correctly.  

This day has been a nightmare but maybe it's over now. I started my washer with the laundry I had ready to go and nothing happened. I texted  John for advice and then called Steve for advice too. Steve said try the breaker box in the garage and see if one of the breakers was off. I looked and it didn't appear that it was but I flipped in off and back on and that did it. The washer started filling when I pushed it's button. The laundry is done and dried and put away now. Between Steve and John, that mess worked out.

More even later.. hopefully no more problems....

That was too much to ask, I guess. I put down the garage door and something broke. The green lights that are supposed to turn toward one another both face south instead of east and west. The garage door won't go back up. When I try to open it it goes up a little ways but when I try to put it down and I pull the little cord and red knob, it crashes down within 6 or 8 inches of closed. To get it all the way down, I had to pull that chain.   Aaxcel is coming first thing in the morning to get my car out, Then after they take care of some already scheduled business, they will come back and fix the door. He thinks it may be the chain but I don't don't even see a chain. It may be awhile if he is wrong. He may have to order a part.

Always something...

I did get the cabinet in the bathroom cleaned out and organized but didn't see the cricket I thought would be in there. At least now, it is nice and organized.

I have read the rest of the afternoon and finished another book.

It's nearly time for the CBS news so I will get back to this later.

Scruffie and Blondie were waiting for me to notice they were out there and hungry, Scruffie was not here this morning for breakfast so I took the double dish and two bowls out for them. It's still 18 degrees out there and Inky came too and the neighbor's big yellow cat...all for a meal. I couldn't let them be hungry when it's so cold out. Their water is frozen solid too. I will have to be careful the possum doesn't come to eat. I am not feeding any animals but these cats.

It is nearing 7:00PM and I need to take a bath and wash my hair. as soon as I can get those cat dishes in.

I will go to bed pretty early....probably 8:30PM. I did not sleep well last night with all the worries about the spammer.


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup all foreign sounding persons do not reply to on a phone or computer. Its not the world you grew up in.

Donna. W said...

I've been almost scammed before. He was going to take all our money out of the bank. Yes, on my own computer, I allowed him into my bank account! How stupid is that? He had me convinced he had $800 for me and that was the only way he could put it in my account. When I think back on it, it's embarrassing that I was that stupid, because he had a Mexican accent. And I KNOW better! They failed at what they were trying to do, but I had to change our bank account number, so then I had to let Social Security know... it was a mess. I told Cliff not to ever tell anyone what a stupid thing I did, because I knew better but didn't listen to my inner voice.

Margie's Musings said...

Donna, you were not any more stupid then me. We are of the older generation when such things didn't happen.

Galla Creek said...

That sounds horrible. All that I one day. Hope you have some good stuff happen now,