Monday, February 8, 2021

Monday and Slick Streets

I stayed up until 10:30PM last night and finished my latest book. I will check out another one later this morning if I don't have another one I haven't read already.

I was up shortly after 5:00AM but slept well. As I was making up my face this morning in the bathroom, I heard the cricket cheep once. It sounded like it was in the bathroom cabinet. I may take everything out of that cabinet later this morning and reorganize everything and see if I can find him in there.

I have had my breakfast and am working on my Chai now. 

I checked out the cats waiting for their breakfast this morning and there were three out there. My neighbor's big yellow cat, Inky and Blondie were out there. I took their food out through the garage as usual and found a thin coat of ice on the sidewalk as I was carrying their food to the front door area where it was dry. It was misting out there. At 17 degrees they ate fast and left for somewhere they might have some shelter. I didn't see Scruffie. If she still has that little yellow kitten, she may be trying to keep it warm. Who knows...

We are forecast for snow and freezing rain tonight.  

I texted Bob a little while ago and he said Coffeyville has about an inch of snow and freezing rain now.

I will stay in today...that's for sure.

More later... 

I have read most of the afternoon on another free book from  Amazon and then Suzanne called and I shared the news about Keith and Esther' coming visit with her. 

She shared the most recent news about her sister Judy who seems to be having a hard time with her memory  ever since her auto accident last year. Her sister also had to have her full sized poodle put down. It began having major health problems and at age 12 I am not surprised. Judy, her sister, is only 81 or 82 so I am surprised about that. Maybe I shouldn't be. That problem began after she had a wreck with her car a year or so ago.

I have fixed  myself a meatloaf dinner from Schwan's. I am letting it sit a minute or two in the microwave like it suggests on the package. I cooked it 6 minutes since my microwave is only 700 watts.

I had better get it and eat it now.  

I had my lunch and  cleaned up after it. I read most of the afternoon and then watched the CBS news. 

I cleaned out my closet after hearing four more chirps out of the cricket. I couldn't find it in the closet. I may have to sleep in the den again if it doesn't quiet down by my bedtime. I plan to take my bath at 7:00PM and then read until I feel sleepy. Then I will go on to bed.

I don't know what I am going to do about the cricket. Now I hear him in the den. Or it could be a different cricket. I can't move that daybed out to check it out. I can get the trundle out but not the daybed....always something! It's just as I was afraid of...there one in the den and also one in the bedroom.  I've heard the chirp in both rooms. I pulled the trundle out and got a very bright flashlight and looked under the daybed. I didn't see a cricket there. I also looked behind the computer armoire. Nothing there either.

What a mess. I used the same bright flashlight and looked in the other two closets in the bedroom too, under the bed and behind the headboard, and also under the cedar chest...nothing. This may be a fun night!

 

1 comment:

ChuckFu said...

Try getting something that kills crickets

https://assets.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-kill-crickets-using-natural-products