Saturday, February 13, 2021

Saturday and Sunday Snow Tomorrow

I went to bed at 8:30PM last night and that's usually not a good idea. But I was very tired and just couldn't read any more. I woke up several times during the night and except for once, I tried to just stay in bed.  I got up shortly before 5:00AM and dressed and got myself ready for the day. If it didn't snow last night I may go to Independence and shop at their Walmart. I need a print cartridge for my printer and bananas. I almost went yesterday evening when I went out to Sonic for my Wacky Pack meal but I figured it would get dark before I got away from Independence so I didn't.  

I have had my breakfast and am working on my coffee now.  I also have Cheyenne's birthday gift and want to give it to Leslie to give to her. I know she will have something to give to her too. I may bake my cake this weekend because Tuesday is the next cake day for the First Christian Church in Independence.

More later..I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" and see what to expect today.

It's 5 degrees this morning and when I opened the front door there were three cats out there waiting for their breakfast. It was Inky and Blondie and the neighbor's yellow cat.  I went to the garage and filled their bowls and then raised the garage door and they ran over there and I went out the front door to lay down their dishes while they ran to the garage door to meet me.  Then I came back in the garage door while they were eating their breakfast. I hate having to deal with them trying to walk on my feet and I have to push them out of my way so I won't trip over them.

I have the CBS news on now. So I will get back to this later.

I see Scruffie is out there eating now. I am glad she found her way over here to the food dishes.

I got my cake baked and iced and in the freezer. Now if only I will be able to get over to Coffeyville and pick up the other cakes on Tuesday. Maybe they will cancel their dinner if the weather is terrible. It is supposed to snow tomorrow and Monday.

I made a trip to Jeromy's and gave Cheyenne her birthday card and gift. I was close enough to town that I went on in to Independence and got my print cartridges and the new filters for my Brita pitchers. Then I got gas at Millers and came on back home. I had a strange message on my dash and looked it up in my manual. One of the sensors in my passenger side front tire was not working. I stopped at the old Bob Montgomery station and had Josh Elliott check it out. Sure enough I will have to have that replaced. It should be in either Tuesday or Wednesday. It will be $65.00 to fix it and replace the sensor.

I called Nancy for lunch but got no answer. I had told her the first nice day we had we would go to lunch. So I went to her place and tried the phone again from the car, but again, no answer. I went up and rang the doorbell three times and then after a moment I rang it three times again. This time she answered the door...in her nightgown and robe. She wasn't up to getting dressed so I just sat down and visited with her for a couple of hours.

I hadn't had lunch and it was 2:30PM by then so I finally begged off and went home and fixed some broccoli cheese soup and crackers. I ate some and since I had plenty I called Nancy again and this time she answered. I told her I had made soup and would be bringing her some. I told her I had plenty for myself too. I also took her some crackers. Luckily it was her favorite kind of soup. She was delighted.

Keith called today and we had a nice visit. We are both, actually all,  looking forward to Esther and him coming in April to celebrate their 10th anniversary with us. Both the boys are pretty good about staying in touch every week or ten days.

Then I came home and read until the evening CBS news came on. I saw they had acquitted Trump. I didn't think they had enough Republicans to convict him and they didn't.

I texted Leslie about my phone not notifying me about some people who text me like John and Bob Avery and some others like Gina but she said she would have had to see the phone to help me and it was too late for me to drive out there so I will just plan to stop at the office in Coffeyville on Wednesday (if the weather permits it) and get that employee to fix it again. I didn't go over there last Wednesday and just washed my hair myself. The roads were icy and they had cancelled the exercise classes on that account. If it snows heavily they may cancel game day on this Wednesday.

At 6:30PM I came in and took my bath and went back to my book afterward.

Then the cricket started in chirping again.....I went in and made up my bed on the trundle again for tonight.

Keith told me about some natural ways to kill crickets that he had posted on one of my blogs several days ago and I looked them up. They may work but the most logical way was to use molasses and water in jars. I could get the molasses but I have no jars. So that's out.


He has quieted down again now so I may go back and try to sleep in my bed again. It is only 8:35PM now. I won't go to bed until 9:00PM or after. I will wait to see if he starts chirping again before I make that decision.

No comments: