Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Wednesday and Ice Outside too

 I slept in on the trundle of the daybed last night to avoid the chirping of the cricket. Darn thing! It quieted down after I went to bed there though. I figured if I went back in the bedroom to sleep however, it would just start chirping again. 

So it's nearly 6:00AM and I am not yet dressed.With this ice on the road, I will not be going over to Coffeyville in the dark and on ice to go to breakfast with Bob. I will wait a little longer to figure out whether I can go to my 9:30AM hair appointment.  

In the meanwhile, I will go get dressed and get myself ready for the day. So more later... 

I got myself dressed and ready for the day. I texted Bob and he is having his breakfast of toast and coffee. I have my oatmeal done and am eating my breakfast bar. I haven't heard any chirping yet from the cricket. But I am not holding my breath. I don't plan on going to Coffeyville yet. I will wait until 8:00AM and see what it looks like then. I may have to cancel my hair appointment. Probably will....

More later...I am going to go turn on "the weather on the '8's" and check out the cats.

There were only two cats out there this morning.It was my neighbor's big yellow cat and Inky. The big yellow cat would not let Inky eat so Inky left. Darn neighbor's cat!

When he finally left, I went out the front door and picked up the two bowls and put some water in their water dish. It probably immediately froze. It's only 16 degrees.

Toni, my beautician , just texted me to see if I was coming over for  my hairdo. I asked her what she thought and she said she was only able to make it because of her 4 wheel drive truck. I told her I should probably not try it and I would just shampoo my own hair this evening and hope to see her next week.

I hate that. I am used to letting her do it for me but I can do it. My hair is very short.

More later...no cricket chirps yet... It's 7:54 now. The CBS news is next and I will watch that now.

So more later... 

I watched the Channel 6 news for awhile and then turned to the CBS news and as I ate my lunch, watched recorded episode of Dateline. Then I went back to my book. I read until I finished it and then began another. 

It is 4:25PM now and I just ate my banana supper. I haven't been out of the apartment all day except to go to the mailbox and pick up my mail..such as it was.

I haven't heard a chirp all day out of the cricket.  If that doesn't change maybe I can sleep in my bed tonight. I slept fairly well on the trundle last night but I always do better in the bed.

I will need to take a shower this evening and dry my hair after I wash it. I hope I can do something with it myself. I never have been too good at doing my own hair.

I will catch the 5:00PM news this evening and the evening CBS news after that. 

I really need  to go get some groceries but I hate to drive on ice. The only wreck I have even had was when I was working for the Good News shopper. I went up over the overpass at Coffeyville and realized I was driving on black ice and tapped my brakes carefully to get stopped six feet from a car that was wrecked and turned sideways just in front of me. Then I looked in my rear view mirror and saw three vehicles barreling over that overpass.. driving way too fast to stop and one by one  they crashed into the back of my new car. The worst thing was the deputy sheriff who investigated the accident. All three drivers confessed they were driving too fast too stop and crashed into the back of my stopped car. Then he informed me he was call it "no fault". That was going to cost me the deductible on my car to get it repaired.

I made an appointment to talk to him about it and he never showed up. Then I made an appointment to talk to the sheriff  about it and he never showed up either. Finally, I called the Kansas insurance commissioner and explain it to her. She said "give me an half hour and I will get back to you on this". I thought "Yeah, you will.."...but she did and she got that taken care of and I got my deductible back. She later ran for governor and I voted for her. Kathleen Sebelius was her name.

More later...it's time for the news. 

I watched the news until I checked my e mail. There I saw I had been hacked and someone had charged  camera for over $3100 on my Amazon account. I called Amazon and Their security worked several hours trying to get the mess cleaned up. The security place closed at 7:00PM our time but the security person lives in California so he will call me back in the morning. He discovered someone in China and someone in Russia had hacked my computers. He advised me not to use the computers until he could get them cleaned up. 

So I won't be online for awhile.  

I was unable to sleep much all through the night so I contacted Cox Complete Care and Chris there said the hacker was the spammer I had talked to last night all evening. If those "dummy transactions" of $40. gift cards show up on my Amazon credit card I will just have to pay them. They are not able to be cancelled.

He went through all three computers and cleaned everything up.  What a mess.

5 comments:

Donna. W said...

I enjoy all the drama of the feral cats and even the silly cricket! I also enjoy the sameness of your days. You are such a sensible person. Your mama didn't raise a fool.

Margie's Musings said...

No, you are right. Our mother wanted us to be very independent. We were allowed to do whatever we wanted as long as we left her a note on the dining room table telling her where we would be and exactly when we would be home.

And we had better be there when we said on the note.

She said she did not want her children to be the kind that hung on her skirts. After our dad died, she had to go to work to support us until she finally remarried.

She was a riveter at a defense plant and worked nights and slept days.

Donna. W said...

I like hearing something about your mother.

Margie's Musings said...

My mother was in many ways a good mother but after she married my stepfather (who was a very good man) they became alcoholics and I spent the next 25 years sobering them up. My stepfather died horribly of lung cancer in 1976 at72. My mother finally sobered up for good and went back to church regularly and had four good years before she died horribly of pulmonary fibrosis in 1980 at age 68.

Anonymous said...

Mom, talk to keith about spam and computer scammers. I hate china and russia! This is what they are doing to us now days and you bing older are the perfect target because your generation was raised to look at the best of people and to exercise trust. But unforchatly this is not our world anymore