Sunday, February 7, 2021

Sunday and the Superbowl

I slept well last night and got up about 5:00AM after getting up in the night only once.

I have had my breakfast and coffee and am now working on my Chai.

I opened the front door to Scruffie this morning. I hadn't seen her for a few days and had just about given up on seeing her again. By the time I got her food out there, the neighbor's big yellow cat came to eat too. Scruffie opened her claws and made a pass at him and ran him away from the dish she was eating from. She is very intimidating and is afraid of none of them. He has finished one bowl and is working on another now. Scruffie is eating from the double bowl....which is plenty of food for her. She just ran him off from that second bowl he had moved to. :)

I will watch the "weather on the 8's" until the local weather comes on before I change  to channel 6. Yesterday the weather said rain today perhaps changing to snow. 

It's 19 degrees out there today...brrrr very cold! Now they have moved the snow to Monday. I am not looking forward to that.

Now Inky is finally out there too. I will leave the bowls out there until they all finish. All four of them are now eating now.

This afternoon at 5:30PM, I will watch the Superbowl.

More later....

I began to watch the church service from Toronto and about halfway through it Keith and Esther called. They are having their 10th anniversary in April..on the 22nd. They want to come see me and let me share in their celebration. They will fly here on Tuesday the 20th and stay until the following weekend. They will rent a car at the airport in Tulsa and drive to Caney from Tulsa. I am so thrilled! They wanted me to contact Leslie and see if she and John could go with us to Bartlesville to have their anniversary dinner on the 22nd.  After they hung up I called Leslie and she thinks that won't be a problem. In fact, if we go to Independence for lunch on Wednesday the 21st, she can meet us at Sam's there and  have a fish or shrimp dinner and also get to see some of John's art work there.

Both Keith and Esther have had the covid and so have both John and Leslie. I have had the first vaccination so we should all be safe. I get my second vaccination on the 26th of February. I am just delighted!!

I guess I will go read my book now. 

More later...

I read my book until time for the superbowl game and then was disgusted by all the penalties Kansas City pulled. Besides that Mahones was not 100%  this game.  They mentioned in the pregame that after this game he was going to have surgery on that broken toe.  Between that and the head injury he had at that last game, he just wasn't with it this game.

They lost this game big time!

I went back to my latest book after the game and stayed up until 10:30PM to finish it. I took my bath after that and went to bed.

 

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

It's snowing here right now. We probably have 2 inches. But it's 7 degrees, and we have colder temps than that ahead of us.

That Scruffie is a bit of an outlaw!

Margie's Musings said...

That's terrible, Donna!!

Galla Creek said...

So glad you have the first vaccine and are scheduled for the next one. I’m hoping to get my call soon.

Donna. W said...

We will receive our covid shots tomorrow, 8 miles from home. We got our call at 6:30 Saturday evening!