Friday, February 19, 2021

Friday and a Hair Appointment

I slept pretty well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I dressed and had my breakfast and am now drinking my coffee. It is 6:19AM now and I had better go check and see if there are any hungry cats out  there. I also want to watch "the weather on the 8's" and make sure I can get over to Coffeyville by leaving here at 8:00AM. So after I get those things done, I will get back to this.

I had three cats out there waiting for me to open the door. It was Inky, Blondie and my neighbor's yellow cat. No Scruffie yet. I filled all the   bowls and put them down behind my car. Then I opened the garage door. They are used to being fed in the garage now. They don't have to stand in the snow by eating there. I worry about their little feet.

It's 6:41AM now and I won't leave for Coffeyville until 8:00AM. I have texted Bob to be sure he is alright but I believe he is staying over to Joanne's and he hasn't answered me yet.

I haven't seen the "weather on the 8's" yet but it may have come on while I was feeding the cats. It should run again in a few minutes. 

Sure enough it's on now. Minus 2 degrees this morning. And we're supposed to get rain tomorrow. If it's still freezing out, that will mean ice.

I just checked on the cats. They were finished eating so I put away the bowls. Inky was still in the garage but was finished eating. When I opened the door, he ran out to go across the street to the shelter there.

It's shortly after 7:19AM now so I still have almost an hour before I leave for Coffeyville. It's 1 degree out there now. It's supposed to be in the 50's next week. I am looking forward to that.

More later... 

I was going to order some gloves from Amazon but they would not accept my password and wanted me to change it...again. I just changed it last week when I went through that mess after being scammed. I didn't want to change it again. 

But no matter. I went on to Coffeyville and got my hair done by Toni. Then I went out to Walmart to get some gloves. I don't know what happened to my gloves. At one time I had three different Naturalizer pair....one for each coat. None of them were in the pockets of those coats. I went to the Coffeyville Walmart and they had no gloves but I did get my bananas. I needed my makeup base anyhow and had to go to Independence to get that so I thought I would just stop at their Walmart and check it out. The Merle Norman store there is going to close but if I order from them, they will deliver my order. One of the women that owns that store lives in Owassso and comes right by Caney every day. That will work out.

I got my makeup base and then went to Walmart to look at gloves. They had some and they were very cheap but just what I needed. I bought a pair there for under $2.00. 

Then I went up to Big Cheese but their parking  had not been scraped so I instead went to Ana Mae's and had their sandwich and chips and iced tea. On my way home I tried to text John to see if he was home. I figured since it was a nice day he was probably out delivering his product. I figured right. I had intended to stop to see the puppies if he or Leslie were home. He later texted me back to say neither of them were home. She might have been helping him with his deliveries.

Anyhow, by that time, I was home.  Then I managed to get the Amazon password changed and it worked. Earlier this morning I just didn't have time to mess with it. As it was, I just got to my appointment on time.

I opened the front door to a very hungry Scruffie. I went into the garage and filled a couple of bowls (in case another cat came) and opened the garage door. She ate all she could and left so I put away the bowls and closed  the garage door.

Now it's 1:00PM and I might try once again to reach Nancy. Her line was busy. I may try again later. It's 1:15PM and she is still on the line. I may try again later. It's 32 degrees and sunny now. The sun sure looks good!

More later... Sometime after  3:00PM I went over to Nancy's and rang the doorbell several times. Sure enough, she had left the phone off the hook. I went in and visited with her until 6:30PM when I came home and took my bath and put my pjs and robe on. We had a good visit though. We agreed, depending on the weather, we would go out of town and have lunch next week..Monday or Tuesday if the weather cooperates. Otherwise Thursday or Friday. She is so lonely and so am I. When we have a visit we both really enjoy it.

I plan to go watch the CBS news...which I recorded. Then read awhile and then go to bed about 9:00PM. I took my bath at 7:00PM already. I have had a big day.

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

I get the feeling maybe Scruffie is eating somewhere else.

Margie's Musings said...

I wondered about that, Donna. But when she comes here she always has to fight for her food. Yesterday she came mid afternoon all by herself and I fed her in the garage too.

Galla Creek said...

32 feels warm.