Thursday, February 18, 2021

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

 I slept pretty well last night. I woke up several times after midnight but managed to get back to sleep until the next wakening.

I finally got up just before 5:00AM and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I had my breakfast and coffee and am now working on my Chai.

I will clean the apartment this morning when the commercials come on the TV..as usual. That works out well for me. If all I get today is local Tulsa news about their roads and the future weather, then I will watch the CBS news on my desktop computer. Too bad...I am paying for TV but have to catch the national news on a computer.

I am still waiting for the "weather on the 8's" on TV and it's well past 8 minutes after the hour. It's 6:13AM.

When I opened the front door this morning Inky and Blondie were waiting for me to bring them their breakfast. I filled the bowls just inside the garage overhead door and then opened that garage door so they could  come eat out of the snow area. I don't know whether any more of the cats have come to eat or not. Yesterday they didn't. Just Blondie and Inky came over. They didn't stay long and went back across the street where there was shelter.

More later...the "weather on the 8's" is on now. 

I see it's supposed to rain on Sunday and by Monday it should be up to 52 degrees according to the "weather on the 8's". 

I checked the garage to see if the cats were gone and only Blondie was still in there so I left the garage door up. When I peeked out, she/he ran into the snow outside the garage. I couldn't let that happen so I called him/her back in and left the door up for awhile more. 

If it doesn't warm up today to melt the snow on the highway, I will have to wash my own hair tomorrow instead of going over to Coffeyville to have Toni do it.

The battery on my notebook is almost dead. It goes to battery saver when I unhook it and take it to the recliner to use it. I dread trying to put another battery in it. I used to do that when it was my old Dell laptop.

Sure enough I am having to watch the CBS news online again. They are still covering the "local" Tulsa weather news on the TV.  

More later... 

Amazing! The CBS news is on the TV. Of course, I have already seen it on the computer  earlier. Aggravating!

I am back on battery saver on this notebook.

I checked the garage again a couple of minutes ago and both Inky and Blondie are still in there eating and out of the snow. I left the door up again.

I got the bare floors mopped and the carpets vacuumed. I am always amazed at how much dirt is in the sweeper when I finish since I take off my shoes when I come in on the carpets. I can't figure it out. It may have a lot to do with my allergies since house dust is one of my allergies.  Oh well, I can't do anything about it so I may as well just put up with it.

I'm going to check to see if the two cats are still in the garage. More later. 

They weren't still there so I put the garage door down. Halfway through the afternoon Scruffie showed up at my front door. I went out and filled a couple of the bowls and opened the garage door. She ate until she was filled and then went back across the street to her shelter. She didn't show up earlier this morning but I could see she was hungry. After she left I put the garage door down again.

I called the city to see if I could get our street cleared off so I  could go out to Dollar General. A short time later the guy with the John Deere blade came and cleared it all off so could get out of the drive. I had shoveled some snow away from the porch area, the sidewalk and part of the drive so I could go out to get my mail earlier. I then went to the Dollar General and bought $26.00 worth of groceries. When I got home, I called the city and thanked her for such prompt service and asked her to tell the young man who cleared it off "thank you" too. She said she sure would pass the word on. It never hurts to thank people for doing something like that. 

It's a beautiful sunshiny day today. I may try to call Nancy.

Well, I tried but she never answered.  She is probably sleeping again, She sleeps her life away.

I watched the CBS news and then went back to my latest book, At 7:00PM, I took my bath and read some more and then went to bed at 9:00PM.


 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

There’s lots of good people around. Yes, we should always take the time to say “thanks”.

Margie's Musings said...

True...so true!