Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Wednesday and Another Cold Day

I  slept pretty well last night and don't recall having to get up in the night at all. I was up at 5:30AM which seems to be the time I get my sleep out.  Of course, I went to bed about 8:20PM. I was very tired.  I don't know why because I spent most of the day reading. I am very bored.

 With all this snow on the ground I should not go anywhere. I hope Friday will be better. I have had my Wednesday appointment changed to Friday. If that doesn't work out, I will wash my hair again myself. It's so short that isn't a big problem except I can't get the shower to work and have to wash it under the faucet in the tub. 

I have had my breakfast now and my coffee and chai and even a cup of hot chocolate.

I will go turn on "the weather on the 8's" and see if anything has changed. So, more later....

Nothing is changing for a few days. There are still outages but so far I have not lost power. I opened the front door this morning to Inky  and Blondie. I opened the garage door and fed them in there out of the snow. I left the door up.

I had shoveled off the drive and porch area yesterday afternoon but there is 3 to 4 inches of new snow on both now.  That's why I fed the two of them in the garage right behind my car where there was no snow. It's 10 degrees out there right now. But that beats below zero temperatures like yesterday. 

More later.. 

I went out to see if the cats were still in the garage and I saw Inky and Blondie just running across the street through the snow to their shelter at the house across the street. I put the garage door down. 

I was going to watch the CBS news but the "local"  Tulsa news preempted it.

I went into the den and turned on the CBSnews.com so I could see some national news. I watched that until time for my lunch when I warmed up the last of my soup and crackers and that's what I had for lunch. I washed my bowl and the casserole dish I warmed it up in.  

Now I am watching the noon news on Channel 6. I see the temperature is up to 21 degrees here.

After the noon news is off I will go back to my Readers Digest I was reading last evening. When I see Bob, I will give it to him. We will see how Friday looks. That's when I have my hair appointment. If the snow has melted, which I doubt, I will go have Toni do my hair. Otherwise, I will wash it myself under the faucet in the tub.

I checked a little while ago and the cats are still gone so I closed the garage door again.

It looks like they had eaten their fill.

I see Rush Limbaugh died today of lung cancer. He was 70 years old. 

I got my new Chase Amazon credit card today. My old one was hacked and I had to cancel the account. 

I read all afternoon and finished another book. Then I started another one. By 8:00PM this evening, I finished it.

Then I took my bath and got into my robe.  It's only 8:00PM  and too early to go to bed. I will try to wait until 9:00PM.

No comments: