Saturday, February 20, 2021

Saturday and Laundry

 I slept well again last night even though I woke up several times in the night. I was able to get back to sleep. I am dressed and getting ready to have my breakfast. and my coffee. It's 6:10AM now and 16 degrees outside. I haven't checked yet to see if there are any hungry cats outside. I will do that next and also turn on the TV to the weather station to "the weather on the 8's". 

So more later... 

Inky and Blondie were out there waiting for their breakfast. I went out to the garage and filled the dishes and raised the garage door for them. It's so much better to feed them in the garage where it's dry and there's no snow to freeze their little feet.  

I haven't checked to see if they are still out there. I saw the neighbor's big yellow cat (Blondie's father) but I ignored him. He can either eat there in the garage or go home and eat.

I don't have a plan for today except for the laundry. I will start that soon.

More later...  

I checked and the two cats are still in the garage eating off and on. I think they want to stay in there where they are out of some of the cold. At least it's dry out there in the garage. 

I will start my laundry and check the garage again later.

They really wanted to stay in the garage but if that becomes the thing to do, I will need a litter box or the garage will become a mess. 

They finally left the garage and hopefully went back to their shelter across the street. I really would rather they would not live in my garage. When they left, I put the door down again. I will need to pick up the food dishes before I can use the car...when I take the car out of the garage to get that part installed that Josh, the mechanic, ordered for me at 10:00AM.   It's 8:02AM now so I have awhile. 

I read until shortly before 10:00AM and then went up to Josh's garage. They worked for thirty minutes and then Josh came in and told me the part they had ordered was not working  and he had sent one of his employees to Dewey to buy another one. He said he would call me when the young man came back with it.   So I came on back home to wait for his call.

In the meanwhile, I put the laundry in the dryer and got it started on drying my clothes.

Oh well...I had nothing going today anyhow except that sensor installed.  

So, more later....back to my book on the Kindle.... I finished this book and downloaded three more free books.

I am still waiting for Josh to call me back and it is 3:21PM now. He may not get that done today. There is no rush as far as I am concerned. I will have $65. more money if he doesn't get it done.

More later.... 

Josh never did call me back. No big deal! I am $65.00 richer now. 

About 3:30PM I called Nancy again and she answered on the second ring.  We decided to take a drive and I went over to pick her up and she was getting dressed and putting her makeup on. We are going toget out in this lovely weather. We went up to Independence and drove around and also came back to Caney and drove around too. We stopped at Sonic and she bought us two junior hamburgers and two cokes and we took them back to her house to eat them. Laura came as we were doing that and gave Nancy her meds and visited with us awhile. She is a very nice woman and a nurse.

I came home about 6:30PM and took my bath at 7:00PM. I will read until bedtime and go to bed about 9:00PM.

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

If the garage door is open a little, you wouldn't probably need a litter box; Blue goes to the door and asks to be let out of our house. Forget I said that, because you'd end up with mice, possums, racoons, and who know what else. You don't need that! Not only that, but there would probably be a bunch of crickets sneaking in.

Margie's Musings said...

That's true. I sure don't need any more critters.:)

Kay said...

I'm so jealous of all your good sleep. Melatonin isn't working for me consistently these days.

Margie's Musings said...

Kay, I take two melatonin.