Monday, February 15, 2021

Monday and More Snow and Cold Weather

 I slept pretty well last night although I was very early and stripped my bed and remade it and am doing laundry. I will finish dusting today too.

I have had my breakfast and am working on my Chai now. The laundry is still going so soon I will turn on "the weather on the 8's". I believe it snowed all night but until it gets light outside, I can't tell how much we got.

I believe I will feed any cats I may get for breakfast in the garage. I will just open the door for them. There won't be any snow in there. It will be cold but no snow will be in there. It's -6 degrees this morning. I can't remember the last time it was this cold in southeast Kansas.

More later..I will go turn on the TV. 

It is very cold and so far there are no cats out there to feed.  It's just too cold for them to be out at -6 degrees. Their feet would be frozen if they weren't frozen themselves. I hope they have found some shelter somewhere.

More later..I'd better get the laundry in the dryer.

That's done.

I have texted Bob but haven't heard back from him yet. It's so cold he may not even be out of bed. He spent yesterday at Joanne's and had his car in her extra garage.  That's good since it snowed all day.

I opened the front door at 7:30AM and the only cat there was Inky. I opened the garage but Inky did not come to the garage through the snow.  So I brought the double bowl out front to him. I am sure his feet are terribly cold. And I had shoveled it clear yesterday but it snowed all night so that was a futile action. Inky is still eating out there, the only one who came to eat. When he is gone I will shovel it off again. It may be futile again since it is still snowing. We will see.

He must be very hungry since he is still bearing the cold to eat. 

Inky finally left. He was licking his feet since they were so cold and I imagine that just made them even colder. Anyhow, he finally left and went to find shelter and then I took my snow shovel out and cleared off the little porch area and sidewalk again. It is bitterly cold at there at 6 degrees BELOW zero.

I finally got the clothes out of the dryer and folded and put away.

I read all afternoon and finished my latest free Amazon book. 

Now I am trying to find some national news. The only thing you can find on channel 6 Tulsa...is Tulsa news. They don't seem to realize they have Kansas watchers too and we could care less about Tulsa news.  They have even skipped the CBS evening news.

I haven't seen another cat all day. It's (minus) -1 this evening. 

Now Evergy is asking us to cut use of our power to conserve it. They are even going to turn off our power on rolling blackouts for 30 to 60 Minutes at a time. This has never happened before in my lifetime.  

I have had my banana for my supper this evening. And the cricket has been chirping again all afternoon while I was reading.

In about 30 Minutes I will take my bath and put my pjs and robe on. Perhaps I can stay warm that way. That worked!

I went to bed at 8:30PM. That helped too.

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

Wow, you are far south of us and it's six degrees? It's seven degrees here, so we are almost the same temp!

Margie's Musings said...

It's actually six degrees BELOW Zero.

Donna. W said...

Yeah, that's what ours were. I just forgot the minus. They kept saying Monday night would be colder than Sunday night, but actually it's one degree warmer... -6. Mama Kitty lives in that cooler 24 hours a day. If I open the front door she comes out and I feed her several times a day, because I figure she needs lots of food to help keep her warm. She has it easier for 6 or 7 hours at night because she has Blue in there with her, and I know that has to be a lot warmer for her. I tried to seduce her into the house just to eat and warm up, but she has a fear of being trapped in a building and refuses. I'm so glad Cliff turned that old ice chest into a cat condo for her.

Margie's Musings said...

The one time one of the feral cats got into my apartment, the poor thing went wild and it took everything I had to catch it. I finally threw an afghan over it after trapping it in a corner and took it back outside. Ever since that experience, I have been careful not to let any of them in.