Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Tuesday and Another Very Cold Day

 It's -11 degrees this morning and I just can't seem to get warm. I woke up cold and my furnace was set on 68 degrees. Evidently Evergy had the electricity off during the night because even though I have the furnace running, it doesn't seem to be doing much to warm this place up. I may have to put a sweater on.

I have my Chai now. Maybe that will warm me up. It's just now 5:40AM and I guess I will go turn on the TV and see what the weather channel has to say on "the weather on the 8's". 

It's 6:00AM now and the temperature just dropped to -13 degrees. I checked outside the door and there are no cats out there. There are some cat tracks in the snow but they must have given up on me opening the door and gone somewhere to shelter. Poor things! I have their food in the garage but they have not found the garage door up so they could find it. 

And I did go put a sweater on. I still am not very warm. 

I have been streaming and watching the CBS news on my computer. The only thing available on the TV is the Tulsa news...who cares about the Tulsa news?? and they seldom ever give any Kansas news. For Kansas news in this area we have to rely on radio.

It's a little after  9:00AM now. I recorded "Bull" last night so I will go watch that. Hopefully the Tulsa channel 6 didn't take over the 9:00PM hour with their local weather news. I will go check.

"Bull" was on and I watched it..thank goodness! It was different.

It's a little after 10:00AM now and I don't know what to do next. So far, by the way, I haven't heard the crickets this morning. I hope they froze. Time will tell. I guess I will go back to my latest book on the Kindle. By the way, it's up to -4 degrees now. No cats around yet either. They will be very hungry if no one else is feeding them.

At lunchtime,I had some more of the broccoli cheddar soup I fixed last week...with crackers and cheddar cheese and some of that punch. It was good. Afterward, I had an ice cream bar for dessert.  I will have a banana this evening for supper.

Toni, my beautician, called this morning to change my appointment to Friday at 8:30AM because of the weather.We still have snow but the worst thing is the temperature.  It is 7 degrees now. I have read my Kindle, had lunch and played a game on my computer. I watched the CBS news on line by streaming it. The Tulsa TV stations are only interested in Tulsa news.

I think I will go back to my book and get it finished this afternoon. 

I read awhile and finished the book. The sun is shining brightly so I went out and shoveled the snow off part of my drive and sidewalk. I don't believe I got any mail. I didn't see any tracks from the mailman's mail cart. 

It's only 9 degrees outside but the sun is shining brightly and I have a sweater on so I didn't bundle up. When the sun melts that snow on my glass topped table on the patio in my back yard, I will bring it into the garage...along with the chair out there. It's a little past 3:30PM now and I am tired of reading.

I managed to get that glass topped table and yard chair in and wiped down with a kitchen towel and then put them into the garage. I had meant to do that before all the snow but didn't get to it. Now it's done.

I don't think we had any mail today. For the second week in a row we had no trash pickup. Their trash trucks are diesels and they can't start them in very cold weather.

It was nearly 4:00PM before my mail came  this afternoon and a strange woman delivered it..not my regular mailman.

It's nearly 5:00PM now and the weather says it is 10 degrees. In about an hour and a half I will take my bath and plan to go to bed around 9:00PM.

Right now I am watching the 4:00PM news...local Tulsa news, of course. I am hoping at 5:30PM they will have the CBS news. If they don't I will go stream it on my desktop computer. 

I began another book and read until 7:00PM and went to bed at 8:30PM

No comments: