Sunday, February 14, 2021

Sunday and Snow Today

 I slept in my own bed last night although I left the trundle out...just in case. I slept pretty good although I did wake up several times...I got right back to sleep. I had my sleep out by 5:00AM and just got up and dressed and made the bed and got myself ready for the day. As soon as I got into the bathroom though, the cricket started chirping again.

I have had my breakfast bar and coffee and am about to eat my oatmeal and fix my Chai.

There may be several crickets in the house. While I was in the bathroom it sounded like one was up in the attic area though the heating duct. Now there sounds like he is in the bedroom. All I have read about them says they have to have water...but I have no idea where they would find water in this apartment. I don't leave any water setting around anywhere.

I haven't looked out yet since it's pitch dark out there to see if it snowed like it was forecast. It's just now 6:25AM and not light yet. I guess I will go turn on "the weather on the 8's" and see what the forecast is now.

So, more later... 

I just looked out and it appears it snowed some last night...although not a lot...at least not yet. I haven't opened the front door yet but somehow I doubt there will be cats out there. It is 3 degrees out there. Wow! I will definitely stay in today.  I am glad I got so much done yesterday. I still have to finish dusting today. Everything else is done.

More later... 

Inky and Blondie were out there for their breakfast. I filled the dishes and raised the garage door and they ran into the garage and then I took their food dishes out the front door. The little porch area is filled  with snow. When they are finished eating I will take the broom out there and sweep it clean. Their feet will be frozen soon but they are very hungry and are bearing it. Poor things! I should have fed them in the garage with the door up. Maybe I will do that until the snow is gone from now on. I have always been afraid the cats would get under the hood of my car and a catastrophe would happen when I turned on the motor.

I took my snow shovel out and cleared the little porch area as well as I could considering it's still snowing out there. 

I took the cat food out to the garage and left the door up so they could get to it. They aren't going to brave these temperatures for food. I  lowered the door since they were not out there and I didn't need the cold air.

I put away the trundle too. If I need it tonight, I can pull it back out.

More later... 

I spent some time this afternoon sending out the name of another classmate I have lost. Then I had to go through the lists on two computers and update the numbers. I then had my lunch finally... at quarter past two. We started with 294 classmates and are down to 109 now..with 156 deceased and the rest just lost over the years as they have moved away and not let us know where they have moved. Some are probably dead but I don't know how many.

I have been reading my Kindle but it needs charging again. It seems like every time I read in it any time at all, it needs to be charged again.

The cricket is back to chirping again. I hope it quiets down before I am ready to go to bed.

It's only 4:33PM now so it may be awhile. 

I was hoping to watch the news but channel 6 has had weather on nearly all afternoon. And it's all about Oklahoma news....nothing local to us or nothing national...just Oklahoma weather. Disgusting!

Earlier I had to catch the CBS news streamed on the computer. 

I read my latest book until I finished it.. at 9:00PM, after I had had my bath at 7:00PM, I went on to bed. 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Just only a third of your class still here. You were in a big school to have almost 300 in your class.

Margie's Musings said...

It was during the Korean conflict and there were two air bases in the area and a factory that built airplanes . So yes, we had a large class. Many people moved into the area to work at the factory.