Monday, February 1, 2021

Monday and a Very Cold Day

It is 27 degrees this morning and that's very cold!

I was up at 5:00AM, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I have checked my e-mail and had my breakfast.

I just checked the cat situation and there were four out there. Three yellow cats and Inky...no Scruffie this morning. 

I had no problem with the cricket last night and I slept fairly well. 

It's ground hog day and the weather channel is covering that this morning.

I don't have a plan for today. Tomorrow will be busy. I will go over to Coffeyville to pick up the cakes and take them to Independence at 9:00AM to the First Christian Church there for their Tuesday evening meal. After that, I will come home to Caney for a 11:00AM dental appointment here. It's just a cleaning and exam. I have one twice a year.

There is a huge snowstorm this week in the northeast of the nation...all the more reason why I never want to live any further north then southeast Kansas. I am not a winter person.  

More later... 

I just looked out to see if the cats were still out there and saw that Scruffie is out there eating now that some of the yellow cats are gone. Inky is still there. and Blondie too. She is both their mother and they get along. After she ate her fill she drank some of the fresh water and then left. She may have wanted to get back to that small yellow kitten.

More even later ....

It's 11:26AM now and I have been watching the news and a program I had recorded as well. It's almost  time for lunch but it's also about time for the Zoom meeting I planned to attend at noon. I may wait until after that to eat.

I sat through the Zoom meeting but I wasn't impressed. It was supposed to have been a dialog that the people who joined the meeting could participate in. The moderator had two guests there and the three of them dominated the conversation. Those of us who attended the Zoom meeting had very little time for input.

The meeting was an hour and a half  long and of that only fifteen minutes was given for the several groups of us to discuss the theme. That time was spent discussing Black Lives Matter ...not "Toward the Peaceful One".

When it was over, I warmed up the last of Suzanne's soup and had cheese and crackers with it. It was very good. It is 2:39PM now and I just read the papers she left in my mailbox on the porch. She may have come for the rent while I was trying to participate in the Zoom meeting. The rent check was in the porch mailbox where we always put them and she took it alright.

I read some of the afternoon and then went by Nancy's again. She was asleep but woke up when she heard the phone...finally and was glad to visit. She and I visited until  6:15PM when I came home and took my bath at 6:45PM. I will watch the news and then stay up to watch "Bull", my favorite TV program.

After "Bull" is over I will go to bed.

 

No comments: