Thursday, February 4, 2021

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept pretty well last night and was up about 5:00AM, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I have even had my breakfast and checked my e-mail and bank account...nothing new there. 

I opened the front door to five very hungry cats. They growled and hissed at one another and there were bowls for five cats. They must have been very hungry. They are all out there eating like they hadn't eaten in weeks and it was just yesterday morning. I think I saw Scruffie out there too. Inky and Blondie are also out there and two other yellow cats. I have to be very careful taking their food out there. They tend to want to get under my feet and I have to nudge them out of my way.

After the "weather on the 8's" is over and the channel 6 news comes on, I will switch channels. I also watch the CBS news but when their commercials come on I start washing the kitchen and bathroom floors. Then during the entire morning, I vacuum during the commercials. That's about the only thing they are good for.

Speaking of the weather, it is supposed to be in the 50's here for several days before dropping back into the 20's again mid week.

The commercials have started so....More later...

I got the bare floors mopped and the vacuuming done. All I lack is the dusting and I have the rest of the day to get to that..or even tomorrow when I have nothing on my plate.

Maybe I will just do it now. It's only 10:30AM. 

I got most of the dusting done today. 

I went over to Nancy's and took her the nut bread I brought home from the senior center yesterday. It took awhile to raise her and when she came to the door I could see she was sick to her stomach again. I didn't stay. She wasn't up to having company. I will try again tomorrow.

The mail came at 3:00PM, I have no idea what has happened. It is usually here by 11:30AM. It was this late yesterday too. And a strange mail woman is delivering it. Oh well, I am just used to having it earlier.

It's 3:35PM now. I have called Evergy ( formerly Westar) to see if I can still pay their bill online. They sent me a bill that requested a check. They have a great deal of calls right now and will call me back within 30 Minutes. At least that was what I was told. We will see. They did call me back and told me I could still pay their bill online so I scheduled it.

More later...

I took my bath at 7:00PM and then I watched the CBS news and then turned off the TV and went back to my latest book. I stayed up until 11:30PM and finished it. Then I went to bed.

 

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

Blue is terrible in the evening when I feed him his canned food. I take it to the back porch where Gabe can't sneak and eat it up, but that cat insists on rubbing on my ankles every step, and it's the hardest thing not to step on him or stumble over him and fall down!

Margie's Musings said...

I understand! I don't know why they do that because it
s so dangerous to them and to us.