Sunday, February 28, 2021

Sunday and Another Cricket

I woke up at 2:00AM to the sound of another cricket chirping...a very loud one. I finally got up and stuffed cotton in my right ear and then slept on my left side. I got some more sleep that way and I finally just got up shortly after 4:00AM. He is the loudest one yet. I will probably sleep on the trundle tonight if I can get enough sleep at all. I am dressed and having my breakfast and coffee now. It's 5:30AM and he is still at it. Maybe I should get some ear plugs.

I finished another book yesterday. 

At 11:00AM I will watch the Toronto Canada worship service. Then this evening at 6:00PM I will watch the Springfield Missouri one. I will record 60 Minutes. 

Keith wanted me to watch "Last Man Standing" last night on the Fox channel but boxing was on our Fox channel at that time. So I couldn't do it.

It's nearly 6:00AM now and I guess I will go watch "the weather on the 8's". In a little while I will check on the cats.

Only Blondie and my neighbor's large yellow cat were out there. It is raining a little so maybe the others are staying out of the rain somewhere. I filled all four of the bowls anyhow...just in case.

The cats, including Inky, came to eat. Unfortunately so did a possum. I ran it off but I believe it ate some of the cat food.  I put the cat food bowls away and lowered the garage door and I guess  I will go back to feeding  them in front of the front door so I can police what comes to eat.

This is just not my day. The cricket is still chirping and it has been since 2:00AM this morning.

I have been watching "Face the Nation" on TV and it is now 9:16AM.

I have been looking at Weathertech products on my computer. Phyllis has them in her new Toyota Camry and I have been considering taking my carpets out of my Honda Civic and putting weathertech rubber mats in it instead. It's a 2008 so I am not sure it is worth the investment.

I read until my Kindle needed recharging and then watched TV for awhile. Then I went over to Nancy's to visit for the rest of the afternoon.

 Scruffie came to eat at supper time so I fed her and then brought in the bowls.  She tries not to come when the others come. She always has to fight them off her food.

I read until the Kindle battery needed to be charged and then I watched "so you think you'd survive" on the weather channel.  At 9:00PM, I pulled the trundle out from under the daybed in the den and got it ready to sleep on. I can't sleep when that cricket is chirping.

Guess what! This time it was not a cricket making all that noise. It was the smoke alarm battery! Steve came to spray for the cricket and he noticed it chirped at regular intervals. He didn't have his hearing aids in so he had Suzanne come listen to it too. I also went along. And, what do you know, it was the smoke alarm battery.  Luckily I had a package of 9 volt batteries and he got my step stool and changed it out. So that was the simple solution. 

I am so glad!

It's a beautiful day and I tried to call Nancy to see if she would like to take a ride but she never answered. She must be sleeping. I went up to pay my water bill and tried again in front of her house but she still didn't answer. So I assume she is sleeping. Too bad! It's a lovely day.

I would love to go see the puppies. I am trying to see if either she or John are home so I can go see them but so far she hasn't answered me.

I texted both John and Leslie to see if I could come see the puppies but they both must be working. Neither has answered me. 

More later...I may go take a ride by myself...

No comments: